AMD Navi 10 Firmware Finally Lands In The Linux-Firmware Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bosjc View Post
    Got any benchmarks? All that I have seen so far show any meaningful undervolt tanked performance.
    You lose like 1-3% performance for 50-60W ASIC power draw less.
    If it runs into power throttling without undervolting, it even gets you more performance and efficiency at the same time:

I don't know where those weird impressions come from that UV would be problematic. I guess too many people fiddling with things which they don't understand...

Comment

Originally posted by Stenka View Post
      Fedora 31 at this point support navi 10 now?
      Fedora 31 beta was missing LLVM 9 and firmware files when I tried it at release 6 days ago.

Comment

FWIW: If one is on Debian Sid like myself, but also not an owner of a Navi 10 card but have of course been through scores of frustrations with OpenCL I checked out the 19.30 driver tar.gz and extracted them.

Installed a bare minimum of the libdrm/amdgpu--core/amdgpu-pro-core/opencl/libopencl/ and the LLVM packages including the update-alternatives to redirect Debian to use LLVM-9 from AMD.

Reconfigured Blender using those /opt pathways and besides getting Blender to see the FX-8350 and RX-480 8GB I rebuilt against AMD's llvm stack and boy does it work well.

Don't--I repeat--don't install the amdgpu-clinfo. You don't need dkms to have OpenCL in Blender and it will fail at any kernel newer than 4.18.

Kernel: 5.3 rc in Debian Experimental

LLVM Packages installed
        • llvm-amdgpu
        • llvm-amdgpu-9.0
        • llvm-amdgpu-9.0-dev
        • llvm-amdgpu-9.0-runtime
        • llvm-amdgpu-dev
        • llvm-amdgpu-runtime
        • libllvm9.0-amdgpu
        AMD Driver packages
        • libdrm-amdgpu-amdgpu1
        • libdrm-amdgpu1
        • libdrm2-amdgpu
        • libopencl1-amdgpu-pro
        • opencl-amdgpu-pro-comgr
        • opencl-amdgpu-pro-dev
        • opencl-amdgpu-pro-icd
        • opencl-orca-amdgpu-pro-icd
        • amdgpu-core
        • amdgpu-pro-core
        • amdgpu-pro-pin
        • libdrm-amdgpu-common
        • libdrm-amdgpu-utils (not necessary but interesting nonetheless)
        Blender Master builds with less noise now and Cycles actually works as expected.

When I build a newer Zen system after TR3 arrives I look forward to testing out whatever larger performance Navi arrives than the 5700 XT in Blender.

Comment

Originally posted by Stenka View Post
          Fedora 31 at this point support navi 10 now?
          No, unless you install Mesa from git.

Comment

Originally posted by castlefox View Post
            Well this is great to see. Has there been any progress on OpenCL with the Radeon RX 5700 series (Navi 10) yet?
            +1 on this. Im assuming there won’t be any OpenCL support until amdgpu pro is updated.

Comment

Do you know if there is any plan introducing lower-end GPU series for navi10?

Comment

Working...
              X