Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boerkel View Post
    It is enabled...
    Strange - does the framerate if you run glxgears = your refresh rate?

I guess running out of CPU or double rate deinterlacing so framerate = refresh rate could also mess it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
      Speaking of Vsync. Do any of the options work for you guys (on any driver version)? For me, the controls either force vsync on globally or force it off globally. The in between options (off/on unless specified) don't work as intended.
      That's what I see as well

Comment

Originally posted by nikopol View Post
        Actually I seem to get a similarly good result with xine witn opengl - or maybe my eyes are starting to fail me from staring at the screen too close for too long.
        Cool - I haven't tried xine, so I don't know what it's gl is like WRT CPU usage (eg it may do color space conversion in software, whereas the yuv=4 option uses GPU).

It doesn't really matter for SD mpeg2, but if you want to play HD h264 and have an older CPU like mine then it can make a difference. If you are scaling small res file to a large res display with mplayer you can also try bicubic rather than bilinear with lscale=1.

Comment

One kinda off-topic question.

I have a debian/sid setup running the latest 2.6.26 kernel.The only way I can get new drivers to run (outside my repo) is to compile a new kernel (because of the flush tlb page bug).

Anybody know a way around this (besides compiling a new kernel ?).

Comment

Originally posted by nstamoul0 View Post

I have a debian/sid setup running the latest 2.6.26 kernel.The only way I can get new drivers to run (outside my repo) is to compile a new kernel (because of the flush tlb page bug).

change distro.

Comment

8-12-4 is in Debian Sid now, which does not have this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Vighy View Post
                change distro.
                When hell frezes over

I'm already back to 8.12

Comment

When hell frezes over

I'm already back to 8.12
                  so unstable to be not worth-trying? I will peacefully wait for 9-01 then...

...when it will ever arrive

Comment

Originally posted by legume View Post
                    Strange - does the framerate if you run glxgears = your refresh rate?

I guess running out of CPU or double rate deinterlacing so framerate = refresh rate could also mess it up.
                    Yes glxgears = refresh rate :
                    301 frames in 5.0 seconds = 60.195 FPS
                    301 frames in 5.0 seconds = 60.066 FPS

I don't think CPU is a problem. I've got a 2x2.0 GHz Turion and CPU-usage is far below 100%. So there must be another reason for this strange "tearing-line". I really don't know why this happens...

Comment

(EE) Failed to load module "fglrx" (module requirement mismatch, 0)

error with jaunty (doesn't detect xorg 7.4)

driver support jaunty (infact Ubuntu/Jaunty is present in --listpkg and --buildpkg Ubuntu/Jaunty compile without error)
                      Last edited by biasquez; 25 January 2009, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X