looks like Catalyst 9.2beta leaked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TASADAR-F View Post
    Last version of open source ati solve problem in r300,r400 and r500.

R600 (HD2000 and HD3000 series) and R700 (HD4000 series) will have wait to ati or radeonHD support XV output.
    The tearing has really been the bane of my life too (rv630 - hd 2600 xt). I'm not even that bothered about the 3d, all I want it to be able to watch DVDs and video files that don't look like someone is slicing every image in half with a blade.

Is there a version of catalyst that doesn't have tearing on it for my hardware? I'd be tempted to go old school to resolve the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by nikopol View Post
      The tearing has really been the bane of my life too (rv630 - hd 2600 xt). I'm not even that bothered about the 3d, all I want it to be able to watch DVDs and video files that don't look like someone is slicing every image in half with a blade.

Is there a version of catalyst that doesn't have tearing on it for my hardware? I'd be tempted to go old school to resolve the issue.
      An NVidia 8400 GS does not cost much ($30 ish) and will solve all of your problems. I have a HD3450 sitting in the drawer waiting for real drivers. I also have a 780G (= HD3100 ) motherboard and fglrx 8.12 works reasonably well, dpms works and xvid avis play well enough. HD TV does not play nicely, but standard def DVB-T is OK. Eventually the ati - radeon - radeonhd driver will work better in a HTPC setup than fglrx. I wait in hope, meanwhile the cheap nvidia option is not silly.

Comment

Originally posted by nikopol View Post

If you use current svn mplayer, turn on vsync with amdcccle and use gl instead of xv -

mplayer -vo gl:yuv=4 ... it should work.

It may not matter for dvd, but 8-10 used less CPU that 8-12 when I tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by grege View Post
          An NVidia 8400 GS does not cost much ($30 ish) and will solve all of your problems. I have a HD3450 sitting in the drawer waiting for real drivers. I also have a 780G (= HD3100 ) motherboard and fglrx 8.12 works reasonably well, dpms works and xvid avis play well enough. HD TV does not play nicely, but standard def DVB-T is OK. Eventually the ati - radeon - radeonhd driver will work better in a HTPC setup than fglrx. I wait in hope, meanwhile the cheap nvidia option is not silly.
          Will look into that - good tip, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by legume View Post
            If you use current svn mplayer, turn on vsync with amdcccle and use gl instead of xv -

It doesn't work for me. It helps to minimize the tearing but, it is still there. There is one horizontal "tearing-line" that wanders up my monitor. Unless this annoying "thing" there is absolutely no tearing.

I'm using Ubuntu 64bit Hardy Heron with a Radeon HD 2600. My mplayer version is mplayer - 2:1.0~rc2svn28238-0hardy2, but i usual use smplayer.

Comment

You need to enable VSync in Catalyst Control Center.

Comment

Speaking of Vsync. Do any of the options work for you guys (on any driver version)? For me, the controls either force vsync on globally or force it off globally. The in between options (off/on unless specified) don't work as intended.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                  You need to enable VSync in Catalyst Control Center.
                  It is enabled...

Comment

Originally posted by legume View Post

Well maximum kudos - you resolved the long standing playing of avi files for me. It's pretty much undetectable now.

Using Radeon HD 2600XT on ubuntu intrepid

Comment

Actually I seem to get a similarly good result with xine witn opengl - or maybe my eyes are starting to fail me from staring at the screen too close for too long.

Comment

Working...
                      X