• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boerkel View Post
    Yes glxgears = refresh rate :
    301 frames in 5.0 seconds = 60.195 FPS
    301 frames in 5.0 seconds = 60.066 FPS

I don't think CPU is a problem. I've got a 2x2.0 GHz Turion and CPU-usage is far below 100%. So there must be another reason for this strange "tearing-line". I really don't know why this happens...
    That is usually because your driver is waiting for display sync. You should check the settings. driconf has option "synchronization with vertical refresh" for that

Comment

Originally posted by Boerkel View Post

I don't think CPU is a problem. I've got a 2x2.0 GHz Turion and CPU-usage is far below 100%. So there must be another reason for this strange "tearing-line". I really don't know why this happens...
      With proper vsync you should never see tearing even if you can't draw at at your display's refreshrate, because as far as I know it will just delay swapping the buffers on the next refresh. So basically if you see tearing then either vsync isn't turned on or the driver is failing in some way.

Comment

one question: which wm are you using again?

Comment

fglrx tears. I though it was common knowledge by now. Vsync. "works" in so far that it keeps frames in sync with your monitor's refresh rate, but images still suffer from tears (whether it be videos or games).

Comment

it doesn't tear here. But I am not using broken compiz but kde 4.2 prereleases.

Comment

I'm using Gnome and switching Compiz off doesn't solve anything. It's really strange. Perhaps fglrx works fine and my xserver or anything else is broken?

Comment

work !

Hello! i installed beta driver on ubuntu hardy its working perfectly. My card is a x800xl.
                Lightsmark work and its fast

I followed this guide for the installation and replaced 8.561 with 8.580:

tested also google earth and compiz enabled, there is anyway the hassle of flickering. i really dislike it.
                Im going to make further tests with an agp card.

Comment

Can you guys help me correctly install this driver? I'm new to installing them manually.
                  On Jaunty...

Comment

Originally posted by SolidSteel144 View Post
                    Can you guys help me correctly install this driver? I'm new to installing them manually.
                    On Jaunty...
                    you can't install this driver on jaunty: there is support for jaunty in --listpkg and directory x740 but fglrx module is compiled for xorg 7.1 and not 7.4...

Comment

• Originally posted by Boerkel View Post

Strange - I don't know why it's not working.

The only thing I can think of is to check the output of mplayer to make sure it really is using gl and not falling back to x11 for some reason.

If you are using composite/compiz that will mess things up.

Comment

Working...
                      X