AMD Begins Queueing Graphics Driver Changes For The Linux 5.3 Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Begins Queueing Graphics Driver Changes For The Linux 5.3 Kernel

Phoronix: AMD Begins Queueing Graphics Driver Changes For The Linux 5.3 Kernel

Being past the Linux 5.2 kernel merge window, AMD's open-source Linux graphics driver developers have already begun queuing changes anticipated for Linux 5.3 via a work-in-progress tree...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Freesync2/HDR support?

Comment

Michael, have you considered a Phoronix Editors Program where a few members can get a sneak peek of an upcoming article with a method to draft minor changes like typos and grammatical errors? Benefits for members in the program will include and be limited to: that warm fuzzy feeling you get inside when you help someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
        few members
        You mean tildearrow right?

Comment

Originally posted by flecht View Post
          You mean tildearrow right?
          Yeah...but without needing all the posts about typos.

Comment

Michael, have you considered a Phoronix Editors Program where a few members can get a sneak peek of an upcoming article with a method to draft minor changes like typos and grammatical errors? Benefits for members in the program will include and be limited to: that warm fuzzy feeling you get inside when you help someone else.
            I remember last year some posts that were available in the first 24~48h to premium members and only later to everyone

Comment

Michael, have you considered a Phoronix Editors Program where a few members can get a sneak peek of an upcoming article
              I imagine part of the problem is that reporting news is a matter of timeliness - if you try delaying posts even a few hours some portion of your userbase will read about it elsewhere and thus pass by your article on it. That is probably where a lot of the grammar mistakes come from in the first place.

Comment

and still no freesync on hdmi... ffs

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post

I imagine part of the problem is that reporting news is a matter of timeliness - if you try delaying posts even a few hours some portion of your userbase will read about it elsewhere and thus pass by your article on it. That is probably where a lot of the grammar mistakes come from in the first place.
                  Yeah, I get that 100%. Still, some form of editor would be helpful in the long run. Minor typos and grammatical errors give the appearance of un-professionalism (which is a catch-22 coming from a user name like mine). Likewise, seeing various "typo posts" in the general threads doesn't help. We all know that Phoronix, Michael, tries to give fair and balanced news, fair and unbiased benchmarks, and generally posts good and helpful articles...it would be nice to have a way to help out that isn't in everyone's face for the whole world to see because 99.99999% of the world doesn't need to know that "don't" was spelled "dno't" or that the third sentence would read better and use correct grammar if ". And yada blah" was tweaked to ", and, therefore, yada blah".

Something as simple as a member-restricted "article assistance subforum" where fact-checks, typos, and grammatical errors could be reported would be a good-enough compromise. That would allow those that see the little things to help out without getting in the way of yet another "Poettering must die" circle-jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
                    and still no freesync on hdmi... ffs
                    I don't think AMD will ever make that code open source - if they did, then both Intel and NVIDIA could add support for it, which would take away the one exclusive feature that AMD has.

Intel and NVIDIA have only promised support for DisplayPort's AdaptiveSync and not Freesync over HDMI.

Comment

Working...
                    X