AMD Sends Out Initial Vega 20 Support For AMDKFD Compute Kernel Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Sends Out Initial Vega 20 Support For AMDKFD Compute Kernel Driver

Phoronix: AMD Sends Out Initial Vega 20 Support For AMDKFD Compute Kernel Driver

While AMD has been sending out Linux enablement patches for the yet-to-be-released Vega 20 for months now, what didn't see any work until today was for the AMDKFD driver support so this expected 7nm Vega GPU can work with their ROCm/OpenCL compute stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I figured you would have led with something like

AMD Kernel 4.20 pull merges AMDGPU and AMDKFD into One Module

Comment

I wonder when AMD is going to show off these 7nm VEGA cards, it will probably be a demo of the workstation one again, with gaming cards showing up sometime down the line.

We saw that the workstation vega cards were on par with Vega64 cards in the past so there should be non of this nonsense about how the gaming cards will be faster and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
        I wonder when AMD is going to show off these 7nm VEGA cards, it will probably be a demo of the workstation one again, with gaming cards showing up sometime down the line.

We saw that the workstation vega cards were on par with Vega64 cards in the past so there should be non of this nonsense about how the gaming cards will be faster and what not.
        I'm not entirely sure there will be a 7nm gaming VEGA, AMD hasn't said anything about a gaming card. There's speculation all 7nm gaming cards will be Navi.

Comment

Working...
        X