Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catalyst 8.11 and Radeon 9600/9700 (R300)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, what's going on with R300 cards fglrx? Is this generation of cards not supported anymore or 'just' a persistent bug?

Comment

Originally posted by yotambien View Post
      So, what's going on with R300 cards fglrx? Is this generation of cards not supported anymore or 'just' a persistent bug?
      I'd say they are efectively ignoring it, in hopes it'll go away.

When will R300 support be fixed on your dr-*NA NA NA CAN'T HEAR YOU NA NA*...

Comment

Still broken in Catalyst 9.1

"(EE) No screens detected"

That message has been going on ever since I started using Ubuntu intrepid.

And no, I can't downgrade. The CD drive broke and the laptop doesn't support booting from USB.

Comment

Originally posted by King InuYasha View Post
          Still broken in Catalyst 9.1

"(EE) No screens detected"

That message has been going on ever since I started using Ubuntu intrepid.

And no, I can't downgrade. The CD drive broke and the laptop doesn't support booting from USB.
          You might wanna try taking your hdd out and installing in a desktop. If the hdd is sata, no problems connecting, if it is pata, 2.5" hdd boxes for connecting via usb are very very cheap.

Just a suggestion, of course, I have a lot of old laptops, and that's how I normally solve the problem .

Comment

Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
            You might wanna try taking your hdd out and installing in a desktop. If the hdd is sata, no problems connecting, if it is pata, 2.5" hdd boxes for connecting via usb are very very cheap.

Just a suggestion, of course, I have a lot of old laptops, and that's how I normally solve the problem .
            It is PATA, but I think I have a suspicion that its actually Mesa 7.2 causing the problems with fglrx. My Fedora 10 machine can use fglrx just fine, and that has Mesa 7.3rc1. Ubuntu Hardy had Mesa 7.1 I think, ehh. Now, I'm attempting to use prevu tool to build Mesa 7.3 for Intrepid.

Comment

catalyst 9.1 and mobility 9600

i was able to get catalyst 9.1 working on my thinkpad with a mobility 9600 (asic 4e50) running on intrepid.

I had to add to the xorg.conf under the device section

ChipID 0x4E56

This makes the driver think you're running on a mobility 9550. i have also changed the chipid to match a mobility 9800, mobility x300, and a desktop 9600. The desktop 9600 almost worked, but after logging in the screen would change to black and i'd have to hard cycle it. the mobility 9800 and mobility x300 worked but i think at the same level as the mobility 9550.

It was actually took a lot of my sunday to get it working. Also a lot of reboots were needed. haven't used fglrx since hardy. if anybody needs additional help getting it going let me know.

playing a video seems to cause an x restart.

Comment

Working...
              X