AMDGPU Has More WattMan Improvements & Power Profiling For Linux 4.17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDGPU Has More WattMan Improvements & Power Profiling For Linux 4.17

Phoronix: AMDGPU Has More WattMan Improvements & Power Profiling For Linux 4.17

More new material has been submitted to DRM-Next for AMDGPU feature improvements in Linux 4.17...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Possible typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    This latest batch includes more work around the WattMan-like functionality for fine-grainted clock

Comment

This is still pretty unstable for GCN 1.0 users. I had to switch back to Radeon since I've had so many problems with AMDGPU. Cinnamon would freeze randomly, while games in RetroArch would run extremely slowly. A Hat In Time which btw only works in Wine Stating 3.3, will take a few minutes to start up, where it it usually instant in Radeon.

I like Vulkan and it works well with AMDGPU on GCN 1.0, but the RadeonSI driver is buggy.

Comment

Fine grained clock adjustment? As no need to flash the bios each time I want to update my card OC? That will be great, especially if they dont put limit because my rx480 like to have the gpu voltage to 1.33v

Comment

Does Wattman support, include undervolting support ? Today with amdgpu v17.50 on linux 4.13 apparently don't transmit lower voltage from the bios itself...

Comment

Originally posted by RavFX View Post
            Fine grained clock adjustment? As no need to flash the bios each time I want to update my card OC? That will be great, especially if they dont put limit because my rx480 like to have the gpu voltage to 1.33v
            For us with vega this is a must as bios flashing is a bit of a meh project.

Comment

Working...
            X