Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Git Lands RadeonSI 32-bit Pointers Support

Phoronix: Mesa Git Lands RadeonSI 32-bit Pointers Support

At the start of the new year Marek Olšák of AMD posted a set of patches for 32-bit GPU pointers in RadeonSI. That work has now landed in mainline Mesa Git...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Out of sheer curiosity, I'd be interested to see some benchmarks comparing Mesa OpenGL & Vulkan performance directly before and directly after applying the 32bit pointer code commits.

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
      Out of sheer curiosity, I'd be interested to see some benchmarks comparing Mesa OpenGL & Vulkan performance directly before and directly after applying the 32bit pointer code commits.
      I think it's unlikely to make a measurable difference, but 32-bit pointers are a prerequisite for some future micro-optimizations.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post

I think it's unlikely to make a measurable difference, but 32-bit pointers are a prerequisite for some future micro-optimizations.
        Ah, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post

so more finewine to come, nice

Comment

Working...
          X