Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raven Ridge Gets Yet More AMDGPU DC Fixes

Phoronix: Raven Ridge Gets Yet More AMDGPU DC Fixes

While the Linux 4.15 kernel introduces AMDGPU DC display code support and is currently enabled just by default for RX Vega GPUs and newer, a lot of work continues going into this new display code stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"(...)fix support for non-native modes when using a DVI connection..."
    Could this also apply to Polaris? With my DL-DVI Korea monitor without scaler, new DC in 4.15 just gives me a black screen (RX 560).

Comment

I noticed the audio streaming fixes. Someone around here has been complaining about HDMI/DP audio for quite some time. Hopefully this helps down the line.

By the way, this update isn't just Raven Ridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
        By the way, this update isn't just Raven Ridge.
        It certainly does look that way

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
        "(...)fix support for non-native modes when using a DVI connection..."
        Could this also apply to Polaris? With my DL-DVI Korea monitor without scaler, new DC in 4.15 just gives me a black screen (RX 560).
        you may be in luck, maybe give it a patch/build and see?

Comment

I'd give 4.16 a try first, haven't yet patched a kernel for myself.

Comment

This is good news! Im still looking for a distro that can install and run out of the box on my new HP ENVY with the AMD APU. At least with the methods im using to test with (USB thumb drive) i can not get a proper boot.

Comment

Great to see the improvements but the hardware is practically unavailable... Are there still only 3 laptops with raven ridge? Ridiculous.
              Last edited by HokTar; 02 February 2018, 04:12 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
              X