NVIDIA 367.18 Beta Linux Driver Released With Many Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@gt220

Look at vdpauinfo. If VDPAU itself would lack support then why do you think it is mentioned?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

And yet it hasn't figured out how to handle pointer locking properly. But hey, it's only at it's tenth release.
      Looks like I got censored. Short version, the Wayland stack has issues that should have been fixed ages ago now, but it doesn't relate to EGLstreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post

Nobody in the OpenGL spec does it say that buffer object contents may randomly get discarded; heck, there's not even a mechanism in GL for the driver to report texture/buffer losses to the app (not counting this NV extension).

It's crazy though; can you imagine getting a notification from the OS saying "sorry, all your heap allocations are now invalid, please reinitialize them?". The program may as well crash at that point.
        I believe we are talking about different issues here. This happens after removing/adding X screens, not randomly.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
          I believe we are talking about different issues here. This happens after removing/adding X screens, not randomly.
          Sure, but the app knows nothing about X screen, so from its standpoint, it's still "random". In the D3D world it's perfectly normal to lose your device and all buffers / non-managed textures with it, but no such concept exists in GL, and frankly I'm thankful for it.

Comment

Working...
          X