Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stebs
    replied
    Slightly offtopic, but since there should be some Optimus-Users watching this...:
    Is it possible to somehow use Nvidia 980M with Maya 2015 on an Intel/Nvidia Optimus Laptop, where you can not disable Intel in the Bios?
    It's not for me, but a friend of mine, so I have no exact error descriptions at this time, just want to know if it is possible at all, and where to start reading.

Apparently he has installed bumblebee, that works so far, but Maya 2015 crashes when run with optirun...
    So, are there workarounds, or is it at least possible to always use the Nvidia GPU?
    (He uses latest CentOS)

Leave a comment:

• Adriannho
    replied
    Originally posted by sarmad View Post
    Does DRI_PRIME work with the nVidia proprietary driver?
    nope!

Leave a comment:

• sarmad
    replied
    Does DRI_PRIME work with the nVidia proprietary driver?

Leave a comment:

• Kamikaze
    replied
    Excellent news. Hope this gets merged soon and that the bug affecting xorg-server 1.18, nvidia proprietary drivers and this configuration gets fixed because it is currently broken: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/47151?project=1

Leave a comment:

• Nightbane112
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    Probably unrelated, but tearing became unbearable with latest plasma 5.5 on a laptop with both intel and nvidia graphics. However the simple solution was to disable kwin's "smart" refresh and force full-screen repaint.
    Apperently, you could try and enable DRI 3 for the intel GPU ( https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...e_3_.28DRI3.29 ) . I had enabled mine ( Intel HD Graphics 4000) for the past few weeks. No tearing whatsoever using Kwin on Intel unless I disable vsync.

Leave a comment:

• tancrackers
    replied
    I have the GTX-960M to be a good balance between performance and $$.
    I have a Sager NP7255 (Clevo 155RD).

Leave a comment:

• andre30correia
    replied
    waiting this for years

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by SethDusek View Post

As far as I know, the tearing isn't fixable if you're on nvidia in your optimus setup. If you're on intel, it's fine, but on nvidia there's no vsync or synchronization. It's why I switch to intel when watching a movie

Also, thanks Michael for covering the pull request I sent you
    There may be no vsync, but having nvidia selected as primary and forcing full screen repaints, there's no visible tearing anymore. Keep in mind this a work laptop, I don't watch movies.

Leave a comment:

• SethDusek
    replied
    Probably not the best option for gaming, but for my work laptop there are no downsides (that I have noticed so far).

As far as I know, the tearing isn't fixable if you're on nvidia in your optimus setup. If you're on intel, it's fine, but on nvidia there's no vsync or synchronization. It's why I switch to intel when watching a movie

Also, thanks Michael for covering the pull request I sent you

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Probably unrelated, but tearing became unbearable with latest plasma 5.5 on a laptop with both intel and nvidia graphics. However the simple solution was to disable kwin's "smart" refresh and force full-screen repaint. Probably not the best option for gaming, but for my work laptop there are no downsides (that I have noticed so far).

Edit: Scratch that, the tearing seems to come back between reboots. Now trying adding a couple of environment variables instead (sthis supposedly works better).
    Last edited by bug77; 08 February 2016, 06:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X