No announcement yet.

NVIDIA's $1000+ GeForce GTX TITAN X Delivers Maximum Linux Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That card is a total damn monster on benchmarks, by far the strongest card on the market right now.

I wonder what's gonna happen with the 2016 pascal series though, will they outperform this beast with 1080?

Comment

This seems to be a nice card for 4k gaming, but why was Unigine tested only with FHD?

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
        I hope everybody buys this card. More R&D Money for NVIDIA. Better cards in the future.
        Do you like the idea of DX12? it borrow heavily from mantle and Vulkan is practically mantle. AMD do so much for gamers that they literally spearheaded this upcoming generation of gaming (valve deserves tons of credit for making this happen too). When the 390x is released and (drivers willing) destroys this card will you sing the same song? What have nvidia done? cuda? physix? oh how about gysnc which was just adaptive sync packaged with DRM.. yeah useful stuff..

That said I wouldn't recommend this card 970/980's $ for performance on linux is way better atm.

starting to sound like Q in my old age.

Comment

Well, to be fair nvidia also devised vdpau, which is OSS and very good.

Comment

@nightmarex

You don't need to recommend it, progamers will by it anyway (if they don't use already 980 SLI) together with a 4k gsync monitor. This card is like an IPhone, a status symbol, the price can be high, nobody will care. It is not for mass market.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
              That card is a total damn monster on benchmarks, by far the strongest card on the market right now.

I wonder what's gonna happen with the 2016 pascal series though, will they outperform this beast with 1080?
              For anything not too VRAM intensive, the 980Ti will be even faster, and cost less.

I think nvidia learned their lesson this time around with the Titan X. The original Titan was probably one of the worst-valued pieces of computer hardware you could ever buy. Though Titan X is ridiculously expensive, at least it performs well enough.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                The fp64 speed isn't what you might expect. It's not exactly slow, either, but it is not any faster - in fact i think the old Titan is still performance king on fp64 compute code.
                Don't worry, Nvidia already fixed this issue http://wccftech.com/cuda-7-update-di...gtx-titan-bug/ The guy who filed a bug also wrote down in the comments.

Comment

Honestly for the price i find the performance lacking. It's the fastest card available but i don't think it's worth twice as much as a GTX980 and this time it's not even a full DP card. I don't see any way to justify the price tag.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post

NVidia themselves claim Pascal is 10x faster than maxwell, which is insane.

The reality will obviously be far less but I think we can assume it'll be a big jump from even the Titan X

Comment

Originally posted by nightmarex View Post
                      Do you like the idea of DX12? it borrow heavily from mantle and Vulkan is practically mantle. AMD do so much for gamers that they literally spearheaded this upcoming generation of gaming (valve deserves tons of credit for making this happen too). When the 390x is released and (drivers willing) destroys this card will you sing the same song? What have nvidia done? cuda? physix? oh how about gysnc which was just adaptive sync packaged with DRM.. yeah useful stuff...
                      Useful stuff that works on Linux at least. Can't say the same for whatever AMD came up with.
                      Do you seriously believe this card will be beaten by the AMD 390X on Linux? Nobody with half a brain cell would spend money on an AMD card if he wants to game on Linux.

Comment

Working...
                      X