NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X Linux Testing Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adakite View Post
    Regarding potential test, I'm wondering how bad this card is in FP64 (double precision) computing as Nvidia crippled its FP64 units as opposed to what they did for the previous flavors of the Titan's line. This is quite surprising by the way as one could expect Titan's product high compute capabilities against the game-oriented x70/x80 GTX. So, Michael can you tell us how bad it that?

I'm also wondering if there is any OCL 1.2 support in the recent Linux drivers. I can tell that on my Mac OS X, my Nvidia card is OpenCL 1.2 capable as claimed by my Mathematica benchmark/tests but what about Linux?

Thanks
    Afaik there's no fp64 to cripple, as all fp64 which gm200 has to offer are already in use. Maxwell has 1/32 fp64 to fp32 ratio from the bottom to top(gm200 based quadro m6000 has the same ratio).

It's all about tsmc and current manufacturing node. If top card is even without fp64 size of 601mm?, you have to make a decision to wait better manufacturing node that you could add more fp64 or release card with more gaming capabilities than compute. Next Tesla card will be based on Pascal and it will most likely be tsmc ff+ 16nm manufacturing node. Pascal titan might or might not be next nvidia's "cheap" fp64 card, if that card will ever released.

Comment

It could be interesting to see power usage during some of the benchmarks and maybe comparisons with previous Titan card and/or other cards.

Comment

Originally posted by zman0900 View Post
        It could be interesting to see power usage during some of the benchmarks and maybe comparisons with previous Titan card and/or other cards.
        That's always a given.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Make sure to test it's 3D rendering capabilities for CAD applications while you're at it please

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
            Make sure to test it's 3D rendering capabilities for CAD applications while you're at it please
            Again, to you and others, you need to specifically mention the sought after tests that suit the testing requirements.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Encoding Benchmark

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Again, to you and others, you need to specifically mention the sought after tests that suit the testing requirements.
              Hello Michael,

Is it possible for you to make HEVC encoding benchmark with Titan X using FFmpeg ?

A short guide:

1) You can download Big Buck Bunny 4K 60fps video from:

2) Need to compile FFmpeg with nvenc support (--enable-nvenc) with latest SVN Update on 26th March. (Using CUDA 7.0 SDK Update - It includes drivers or you can update to current beta driver)
              3) Test command;
              H264 Encoding
              ffmpeg -i "here_comes_bunny_video" -vcodec nvenc -preset hp -y -f mpegts /dev/null
              ffmpeg -i "here_comes_bunny_video" -vcodec nvenc -preset hq -y -f mpegts /dev/null

HEVC Encoding
              ffmpeg -i "here_comes_bunny_video" -vcodec nvenc_h265 -preset hp -y -f mpegts /dev/null
              ffmpeg -i "here_comes_bunny_video" -vcodec nvenc_h265 -preset hq -y -f mpegts /dev/null

You can mention about FPS and duration take to compile.
              I can help on setup if needed.

Thx,

Comment

Working...
              X