Recommend a nvidia graphic card working well with open source driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend a nvidia graphic card working well with open source driver

On my previous thread http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...a-refresh-rate , I bought a nvidia 550ti and finding out it does not work with custom resolution at all on open source driver.

It really disappoint me finding various way for half a year without a solution.I am not able to determine the real problem as the nearest i could get is the driver.

Before purchasing a new graphic card , I need someone who can suggest and test out with custom resolution 1600x900 with 60 refresh rate working on ubuntu linux OS distro and much better performance on 550ti.

-Support custom 1600x900 resolution and 60 refresh rate
    -higher performance than 550ti
    -Working on linux ubuntu open source driver

Did you ever use the extracted firmware?

I see no real reason not to use nvidia binary but for full features you should try that first. Btw. I would exchange the monitor if it does not provide full hd res.
    Last edited by Kano; 08 December 2014, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      Did you ever use the extracted firmware?

I see no real reason not to use nvidia binary but for full features you should try that first. Btw. I would exchange the monitor if it does not provide full hd res.
      Can you kindly link me to a tutorial guide on the firmware using ubuntu 14.04 64bit ?
      Sorry for a newbie question , any link for new starter installing from binary ?

Comment

Working...
      X