X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gusar
    replied
    Originally posted by ownagefool View Post
    Asdx needs to get off Linus' dick, but you shouldn't run off to mommy and daddy because he responded in kind to you telling him to fuck off. Unlike Q, who is a completely ridiculous person, you are feeding this troll. If you can't handle it, don't respond to him and certaintly don't do the same thing you'd like to see him gone for.
    You're making the mistake here of thinking that this crap with asdx started in this thread. It didn't. He's been posting the "f you nvidia" crap for some time now, in several threads. And also spewing colorful expressions at people who don't agree with him.
    So It's not he who "responded in kind" to me, it's the other way around - I responded to him the way he's been responding to others plenty of times before.

About me "running off to mommy and daddy", you seem to have missed this part I said in a previous post: "And just so we're clear: I don't care if an idiot on a forum gives me colorful descriptions. But I do find it annoying to see the "fuck you nvidia" posts all the time."

"don't respond to him" is not the solution. Even if I don't respond, I still have to put up with the annoying "f you nvidia" posts all the time. Why should I have to? Why are you the second person here giving people the go-ahead to be obnoxious, while denying me the request that something is done about it?

Originally posted by asdx
    Ok thanks for your advice. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I think I crossed the limit as well, I was insulting people due to my frustration, sorry, won't happen again, no excuses.
    We've seen your apologies before. But the problem is, apologies only have meaning if you follow through with them. Which you don't. You apologize, but then a few days later you go back to calling people colorful expressions. This makes your apologies worthless.

Leave a comment:

• Hamish Wilson
    replied
    Write intelligently?

Oh so because my English isn't as good as yours or because I speak my mind I'm a troll already? Pfft.

I'm not a native English speaker, I want to see you or others in this forum speaking Portuguese or another language fluently. Let's see how well you guys do it.

What a bunch of assholes.
    I was not picking on your English - I am fully aware that many people on this forum do not speak it as a their first language. What I was complaining about was your writing, which is perfectly fair game. You were verbally abusive and spewed insults to anyone who disagrees with you - which would be bad in any language. I was not picking on grammatical mistakes or anything else which could be explained away as something which was lost in translation. You knew what you meant, and you expressed what you meant. That is what I disagreed with.

As I said, I agree that it is in the best interest of the Linux community to promote and use free in-kernel drivers. I believe that is the best way to support Linux, and that is how I use my Linux box. That is the reason I only buy AMD or recently Intel - I only have two Nvidia cards in this house, one of which I got by random chance and the other is the one that is built-in to my motherboard (which does work with Nouveau now, although I have opted instead for a more powerful AMD PCI-E card). I agree with much of what you say and what you are promoting.

But your actions to accomplish this goal have been for the most part unconscionable, and reflect badly on those of us who do agree with you. So my advice still stands: next time calm down, think about what you are writing, and try to convey it in the most constructive way possible.

Leave a comment:

• ownagefool
    replied
    Calling me idiot for speaking my mind and telling nvidia to fuck off? You seem to be the idiot here for resorting to ad-hominem attacks. I've never insulted you, I insulted Nvidia, but you can't talk without insulting it seems.
    What I actually said is you come across as an idiot, not that you are an idiot. There is a distinct difference. One is an indeed an insult, the other is attributed to what you were saying, not you as a person on the whole. I also went to ahead and explained why I feel you're coming across this way so you can understand that view, but you seem to have completely skipped that point. I'd suggest, there is nothing fallacious about it.

And who cares, this isn't only about me, it's about the whole Linux community.
    Except there are several Linux community members here that have suggested they don't agree with you. We are not all frothing at the mouth because we can't make a multi-billion doller company bend to our wills. We just don't buy their stuff if the lack of OSS is a problem. I have my 5850 for that very reason and am reasonably happy in the progress thats been made.

Linus being the authority might have more "privileges" than the average Linux user, but that shouldn't stop people like me or you from speaking our minds. We are consumers, if anything, we should have more rights to demand what we want from the corporation.
    It has nothing to do with authority or privileges, it has everything to do with use case. Linus is a developer that Nvidia is required or desires to work with, either directly or indirectly, in order to complete a task. It is completely logical for him to have an issue with them not living up to their end of the deal or making his life more difficult in that capacity. This is not comparable with you expecting additional features beyond what you originally promised when you paid for your card.

I don't expect them to change their minds and I'm not saying they will after they read my comments. They didn't care about Linus giving them the finger also. So, let's at least give them the same treatment we receive from them.
    I'd be suprised if there isn't a single nvidia developer who sympathises with the open source community. The fact is, you don't know if they care or not, but more importantly, you have no reason to be acting the way that you do. Just because you disagree with a person, doesn't mean they should completely forfeit respect in the manner in which you address them.

They're required to suck their bosses dick if the boss demands it? What a crappy way to work, but that's none of my business anyway. Thanks God it isn't, or I would have released all the docs and code they have already to the Linux community while showing management my white ass.them.
    You may be willing to be sued into oblivion over such a matter, but most reasonably minded folks aren't.

My advice to those Nvidia devs: Quit your jobs before it's too late and quit being the stupid cowards you are right now.
    Thus ensuring that nobody at all will be fighting the good fight for OSS. Seems like a sharp plan on your end there bro.

What kind of job do you have, if I may ask?

Tell that to the nouveau developers who have to put up with nvidia crap and RE the thing every day without docs.
    They do not put up with any crap, they're simply ignored and thats about it. They were never promised specs, Nvidia doesn't really need to work with them, so I don't get your point.

Your argument is the shit one here, you should be ashamed of yourself for defending this corrupt company.
    Nvidia are in the business of making money. They offered to sell a card that had no OSS support. You bought it in light of this information being available. That makes them corrupt how?

Yes, I agree that I made a bad choice when I bought this card, and I'm not blaming the devs for that, I take responsibility on my actions, I blame NVIDIA and the devs because they are INCAPABLE of doing something that is truly good for the platform they're aiming and profiting from (Linux).
    Taking responsibility for your actions would be accepting you purchased the wrong card for the use case you cared about.
    Blaming someone else is completely the opposite of doing that.

Having this card didn't turn out to be so bad after all, as it allows me to contribute to nouveau, which I already did in multiples occasions.
    Good for you?

But the fact that individuals like me having to write an open source driver already speaks bad about Nvidia.
    Again, they aren't holding a gun to your head. You could have bought the card accepting the blob they offered, or you could have bought a different card. May I ask, which card do you own, and how long ago did you buy it?

Anyway, keep defending Nvidia. I'm sure Linux devs will be proud of you.
    Given that they don't know me, I don't see why they would be. I'm also not really defending them, just pointing out that you're being quite silly with your entitlement complex.
    Last edited by ownagefool; 31 August 2012, 11:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• whitecat
    replied
    And the devs aren't part of that fucking corporation? How exactly aren't they?
    They write codes.
    I guess this is not their decisions to divulge their codes on a public git repository.

who are too scared to talk to the management people and convince them to the right thing.
    Perhaps someone does it...

Leave a comment:

• ownagefool
    replied
    Originally posted by Gusar
    Michael, how long are you going to allow this completely juvenile behavior? Serious question.
    Asdx needs to get off Linus' dick, but you shouldn't run off to mommy and daddy because he responded in kind to you telling him to fuck off. Unlike Q, who is a completely ridiculous person, you are feeding this troll. If you can't handle it, don't respond to him and certaintly don't do the same thing you'd like to see him gone for.

My intention is not to troll, there's no point in that; what I've been doing is express my frustration with nvidia and I think I should be able to, no?
    Whilst that may be your intention, you're actually coming across as an idiot for a number of reasons, but primarly because it's your fault you bought a card with no open source support. This was neither promised, nor expected, thus you feeling somewhat mistreated or insulted due to the lack of delivery is particularly random and seems to be fueled by a gross misunderstanding of how the consumer market works.

Nvidia *nix support has been historically superior and most of the card owners were happy with that. Purchases were made based on this reality and if you bought for that reason, during that time period, then you made the right decision. You have no rights to demand further support after the fact of purchase, unless ofcourse future support was promised at the time purchase, which it was not. Essentially, you got what you paid for.

Like you, I'd love to see Open Source support for Nv cards, but my only reasonble recourse is not to buy their cards in the future. You can post 1000 "fuck you"s, but it's not going to make an iota of difference. You do not have the same relationship with nvidia developers as Linus does, so it doesn't really make sense for you to attempt to emulate his opinion for your own personal use case.

I don't care about that FUCKING Nvidia developer, and I will continue to insult him, because Nvidia has insulted me and many other Linux people also.
    As the previous poster said, single developers don't make such decisions, thus insulting a single dev reflects poorly on you. In addition to this, you aren't going to win the minds of any Nv devs reading this forum by being rude to them. Why would you think that would work? As the saying goes, "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar".

And the devs aren't part of that fucking corporation? How exactly aren't they?
    Singular devs do not make up the opinion of a corporation. For all you know, the dev you're bashing may agree with you, but they are required to follow the company line, as you often have to do when your employed.

Fuck, if anything the devs deserve to be bashed to death for being a bunch of FUCKING COWARDS who are too scared to talk to the management people and convince them to the right thing.
    How the fuck do you know? Perhaps your shitty arguments have just failed to convince them of the merit of giving up their perceived driver advantage? Perhaps they agree with you and have already approached managment who disagree. Perhaps they simply don't give a fuck. Are you suggesting highly skilled and specialized developers should give up their jobs and stop supporting their families because you were too stupid to actually research what you were buying?

But sure they prefer to remain quiet while everyone else has to put up with their bullshit.
    Again, you didn't need to put up with anything. You bought the cards of your own volition, why are you acting like they've held you up at gun point?
    Last edited by ownagefool; 31 August 2012, 09:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• whitecat
    replied
    Please tell me, why should I respect that Nvidia developer if they don't respect Linux?
    You should blame NVIDIA Corp, not NVIDIA devs.

Leave a comment:

• Hamish Wilson
    replied
    Look asdx: as much as I agree with you on the need to support the free driver stack to properly support Linux, you should stop and admit that you are actually now with Q gone the biggest troll on this forum. Calm down, learn to write intelligently, or shut the fuck up.

There is a difference between expressing a viewpoint and being a troll. For instance, while I dislike most of what johnc posts, he has rarely ever crossed the line to being a full blown troll. Sometimes he has posted statements designed to get people on edge or deliberately upset, and those were trolling, but for the most point he just states his point of view clearly and has rarely if ever personally attacked anyone. I dislike what he is saying most of the time and personally think his viewpoint is full of shit, but he has never fully crossed the line to become full of shit himself.

You on the other hand have. And this is not the first time. And it makes us all look bad. Grow up and stop making everyone who agrees with you on ANYTHING look bad. Seriously.

Leave a comment:

• Gusar
    replied
    When have I denied what others said?
    "But fuck you if you think you're going to insult me or try to limit my freedom of speech." <- You're saying here I'm not allowed to "limit your freedom of speech". In other words, you're trying to censor me calling you out on your crap. So you're denying others to do what you're allowing yourself to do.

Leave a comment:

• Gusar
    replied
    What? You prefer to talk nicely about a company that doesn't support Linux?
    Err, you said you're done with this forum. Do that.

I will continue to talk whatever I want and however I want in this forum, and if I want to talk shit about that company, I will.
    "I will do whatever I want, but you can't do whatever you want". Yeah...

But fuck you if you think you're going to insult me or try to limit my freedom of speech.
    Wow, do you really not see the hypocrisy in this? Probably not, so let me explain it to you: If you give yourself the "freedom of speech" to write the posts you do, then I will give myself the "freedom of speech" to call you a juvenile idiot. And unless you want to be a total hypocrite, you can't complain about it.

Though that's not how the world actually works. "Freedom of speech" does not give you blanket permission to say whatever you want. Especially when you're at the same time trying to deny others to say what they want.
    Last edited by Gusar; 31 August 2012, 06:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• johnc
    replied
    Please tell me, why should I respect that Nvidia developer if they don't respect Linux?
    Who cares? You're turning this forum into nothing more than a shitstain on the internet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X