NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by energyman View Post
    yeah, and 10.1 is such a big step forward, right?

And please ,show me the millions of netbooks sold with nvidia chipsets. What was it? there is only one or two?

Bulldozer had taped out. That is a FACT. Tapeout now means, it is eactly where it should be according to plan. Evergreen came out exactly like planned.

Nvidia had planned to put out 212, 214, 216, 218 month ago. Look those up, if you want to.

Oh and Fermi?
    OFFICIAL WORD FROM NVIDIA is that gaming is now a footnote for the formerly leading graphics company, its latest and greatest Fermi chip won’t see the light of day until at least Q1 of 2010, …

Latest NVIDIA news, search archive, download multimedia, download executive bios, get media contact information, subscribe to email alerts and RSS.

so, read that. And maybe you might understand a thing.

Oh, and compare Fermi's planned performance with the 5870 and the 5970 and you might see why nvidia is completly f*cked.
    LMAO, so the "proof" you give is ummm 5 days old. You have NOTHING. AMD however as FACT is waaay off taret of it's original dates.

Phenom was late, Phenom II was late, Chipsets are late, seriously take off the blinders. Just like when you said there was no problem with AMD's USB so many months ago only to have the issue appear in their own errata.

Comment

The top GPU in the low-end (40nm/dx10.1) GT 2xx series is the GT 240 right? [aka GT215]

It doesn't surpass the 220 [aka GT216] in-terms of video assistance, only 3d acceleration right?
      Does anyone know where all the exact differences are documented?

Would the GT 240 be better than the 9600GT for 3d acceleration?
      Does it draw much more & run hotter than the 220 as a result, or only when gaming?

With these Intel IGP chipsets; does the IGP switch-off entirely if a discrete card's inserted?

I'm thinking of adding the GT 240 to my media front-end
      Discuss the latest and greatest in graphics cards, as well as the Linux compatibility and performance.
      Last edited by jalyst; 13 December 2009, 11:39 AM.

Comment

GT240 is a tiny bit faster than 9600GT but of course slower than 9800GT. GT220 is about 9500GT speed and G210 is the successor of the 9400GT.

Comment

Ah, my ever trustworthy Kano ;-)

I don't suppose you could answer my 5 other questions in that post?
          Assuming you know the answers to any of them....

Much appreciated if you could!?
          2am here, good-night.
          Last edited by jalyst; 13 December 2009, 12:42 PM.

Comment

All cards with VP4 have got the same video accelleration:

When you use a Gxx intel board without pci-e card then the power consumption is less than the corresponding Pxx board because the pci-e slot is then inactive. When you use a pci-e card then the integrated vga is disabled and it will need the same as a Pxx board.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              When you use a pci-e card then the integrated vga is disabled and it will need the same as a Pxx board.
              You sound quite certain of that, thanks! You know the answer to any of these? ...

The top GPU in the low-end (40nm/dx10.1) GT 2xx series is the GT 240 right?

Does it draw much more & run hotter than the 220 as a result, or only when gaming?

Much Appreciated.
              Last edited by jalyst; 14 December 2009, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jalyst View Post

[B]
                Not sure if maybe wikipedia can help u with this: Comparison of Nvidia graphics processing units

Comment

Originally posted by jalyst View Post

Much Appreciated.
                  Not sure, maybe wikipedia can help with this: Comparison of Nvidia graphics processing units

Comment

GT240 looks to be the top one thanks, man, can't see how I missed that one!
                    As for the 2nd question, this resource doesn't go into great detail, but I guess it'll have to do.
                    Originally posted by Fenrin View Post
                    Originally posted by jalyst
                    Not sure if maybe wikipedia can help u with this: Comparison of Nvidia graphics processing units
                    Last edited by jalyst; 17 December 2009, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Yes the TDP of GT240 is higher; but does that mean the GT240 will run hotter at all times, even when it's being used for exactly the same task/s as the GT210?
                      I'm also considering the GTS240 but maybe that's going too high, there will be some rare gaming, what do ya'll reckon?

Originally posted by Fenrin View Post
                      Originally posted by jalyst
                      Not sure, maybe wikipedia can help with this: Comparison of Nvidia graphics processing units
                      Last edited by jalyst; 17 December 2009, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X