Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 6.6 To Better Protect Against The Illicit Behavior Of NVIDIA's Proprietary Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.6 To Better Protect Against The Illicit Behavior Of NVIDIA's Proprietary Driver

Phoronix: Linux 6.6 To Better Protect Against The Illicit Behavior Of NVIDIA's Proprietary Driver

The Linux 6.6 modules infrastructure is changing to better protect against the illicit behavior of NVIDIA's proprietary kernel driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nvidia will eventually endure the same fate as divx and adobe flash. Quite annoying meanwhile, just like those 2 were back then...

Comment

This is the sort of hostility that makes me want to avoid Linux. This also affects other open source projects like ZFS constantly. This hostility is unnecessary

Comment

Originally posted by citral View Post
        Nvidia will eventually endure the same fate as divx and adobe flash. Quite annoying meanwhile, just like those 2 were back then...
        Very doubtful. They are very profitable and things are going just fine for them.

Comment

I really don't understand why Linux has such "defense lines" in the first place.

Comment

Well then.. time for Nvidia to put more resources into their open driver I guess

Comment

Originally posted by flower View Post
              I really don't understand why Linux has such "defense lines" in the first place.
              Maybe because they made Linus mad back in the day? It's a revenge

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post
                Well then.. time for Nvidia to put more resources into their open driver I guess
                Now that's FUNNY!

Comment

Well you could read the article for instance. TLDR: proprietary, closed source blobs do nasty things, and you have very little idea to what extend until you really dig in. See chinese android tv boxes for a nice primer.

Comment

Imagine if you gave someone the bird.

Comment

Working...
                    X