Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 535.54.03 Linux Driver Released With Vulkan Updates, DMA-BUF v4 Wayland Protocol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have a single Gsync compatible HRR monitor you may experience frequent full screen flashing in these new drivers.

Please leave a comment in the corresponding bug report. NVIDIA seemingly neither wants to admit its existence, nor fix it.

I've reverted back to drivers 530.41.03 which are free from this bug.

X.org/XFCE/No compositing here.

Comment

Didn't fix the WAYLAND bug on 4090 that prevents login if primary set above 75hz. RIP

Comment

In the 525 release, my operating system shows a green reduced screen turning off the computer. I actually cannot use the 530 nvidia drivers because resolution and screen colors became green unlike the computer is suspended and restored when all seems fixed and run flawlessly. I got the drivers from repositories, use KDe Neon upgrated to the latest version, and the GTX1050 ti card.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post
          In the 525 release, my operating system shows a green reduced screen turning off the computer. I actually cannot use the 530 nvidia drivers because resolution and screen colors became green unlike the computer is suspended and restored when all seems fixed and run flawlessly. I got the drivers from repositories, use KDe Neon upgrated to the latest version, and the GTX1050 ti card.
          Using the latest drivers with a 1060 on Arch, no problem. So I doubt it's the drivers, our setups are too similar.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Using the latest drivers with a 1060 on Arch, no problem. So I doubt it's the drivers, our setups are too similar.
            What drivers are you using? If not the drivers, my card has issues... also if operating system has no issue by MESA or 510 nvidia proprietary drivers.

Comment

What drivers are you using? If not the drivers, my card has issues... also if operating system has no issue by MESA or 510 nvidia proprietary drivers.

And from Info Center:
              Operating System: Arch Linux
              KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.5
              KDE Frameworks Version: 5.107.0
              Qt Version: 5.15.10
              Kernel Version: 6.3.7-arch1-1 (64-bit)
              Graphics Platform: X11
              Processors: 16 × 12th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-12600K
              Memory: 31.1 GiB of RAM
              Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
              Manufacturer: ASUS​

Comment

And from Info Center:
                Operating System: Arch Linux
                KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.5
                KDE Frameworks Version: 5.107.0
                Qt Version: 5.15.10
                Kernel Version: 6.3.7-arch1-1 (64-bit)
                Graphics Platform: X11
                Processors: 16 × 12th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-12600K
                Memory: 31.1 GiB of RAM
                Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
                Manufacturer: ASUS​
                many thanks.
                What I note is that your system has a different kernel... a most recent release. In my case. the kernel is the 5.19 version.
                Could also be the 5.19 kernel, in fact after the upgrade from 5.15 I got this issue:
                [ 1.729029] blacklist: Problem blacklisting hash (-13)
                [ 1.729034] fbcon: Taking over console
                [ 1.729211] blacklist: Problem blacklisting hash (-13)
                [ 1.729319] blacklist: Problem blacklisting hash (-13)
                [ 1.729371] blacklist: Problem blacklisting hash (-13)

Last edited by MorrisS.; 15 June 2023, 02:29 PM.

Comment

many thanks.
                  What I note is that your system has a different kernel... a most recent release. In my case. the kernel is the 5.19 version.
                  Could also be the 5.19 kernel, in fact after the upgrade from 5.15 I got this issue:
                  [ 1.729029] blacklist: Problem blacklisting hash (-13)
                  [ 1.729034] fbcon: Taking over console
                  [ 1.729211] blacklist: Problem blacklisting hash (-13)
                  [ 1.729319] blacklist: Problem blacklisting hash (-13)
                  [ 1.729371] blacklist: Problem blacklisting hash (-13)

Yeah, one of the reasons after many years I finally moved my a$$ off Kubuntu/Neon: they're based on Debian which, in its quest for stability, carries too many old packages with it.
                  Mind you, I'm a sw developer so I frequently need the latest and greatest. Ymmv.

One other trick would be to also install a LTS kernel. Saves you should the "latest" kernel crap out somehow and you can check if going back a bit makes some problems go away.

Comment

Yeah, one of the reasons after many years I finally moved my a$$ off Kubuntu/Neon: they're based on Debian which, in its quest for stability, carries too many old packages with it.
                    Mind you, I'm a sw developer so I frequently need the latest and greatest. Ymmv.

One other trick would be to also install a LTS kernel. Saves you should the "latest" kernel crap out somehow and you can check if going back a bit makes some problems go away.
                    Indeed, I could reverse to 5.15. I'll make an attempt verifying if the problem occurs also on it, In this case the monitor or the Videocard could be faulty. Many thanks.

EDIT: it was a hardware issue.
                    Last edited by MorrisS.; 02 July 2023, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X