Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Here.

Actually please do follow all their posts in the topic. It's an amazing study of how people can subvert everything known in the software industry just to fit their agenda. First, loudly claiming that libweston.so is a shared library, then finding horrible lame excuses why it's not and changing the topic in the process. It's cringeworthy really. And then of course insulting me in every other message when I simply prove they are lying and libweston.so is not a shared library among Wayland compositors. Liar, liar, liar.
    Again, I'm correct. That's showing that I'm correct lol

libweston is a shared library. A shared library/object can be used by multiple applications. My last post in that topic links to this oracle page that explains what a shared object is. I then quoted the page as I will do again right now lol

A shared object is an indivisible unit that is generated from one or more relocatable objects. Shared objects can be bound with dynamic executables to form a runable process. As their name implies, shared objects can be shared by more than one application. Because of this potentially far-reaching effect, this chapter describes this form of link-editor output in greater depth than has been covered in previous chapters.
    There's no criteria for a shared library that says it must be used by multiple applications in order to earn the title. It just need to be capable of being used by multiple applications.

Here's yet another link describing what a shared library is.

A shared library or shared object is a file that is intended to be shared by multiple programs. Symbols used by a program are loaded from shared libraries into memory at load time or runtime.

A shared library or shared object is a file that is intended to be shared by multiple programs. Symbols used by a program are loaded from shared libraries into memory at load time or runtime.
    Lets get a fourth opinion https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Librar...ared_libraries

A shared library or shared object is a file that is intended to be shared by executable files and further shared object files.
    This could not be easier to understand yet, for you, its like trying to fit a square block in round hole.

I have a feeling that you do get it but you've been invested in this idea for too long and your ego is refusing let you admit you're wrong. You've been saying that there needs to be a reference compositor for Wayland. You were pointed to Weston multiple times. You got angry and said it can't be a reference compositor because nothing else is using it. I pointed you to the definition of a "reference implementation" where it stated that a reference implementation doesn't have to be the most used implementation. Then without acknowledging that you were wrong about what a reference implementation is, you switch your argument to

It's not even a shared library for f's sake if I'm not mistaken. You have to build it in. "Shared", f me. That's not how "shared" works.
    I showed you that it doesn't have to be build into the project. In fact, I proved it by providing the same link I provided in the post you were responding to. I just told you to scroll down more. You literally quoted the link that showed that it compiled to a shared object. Now that were shown that it didn't need to be built-in to the software that uses it, you change your argument again. Now your argument is that libweston can't be a shared library because it's not being used by other things. I've now posted a definition of what shared object is three times in two topics. I even emboldened the key words that I assumed you keep missing and you're still in denial. This is the last thing you have and you can't figure out where else to flee to.

You claimed that you admit when you're wrong. This is your chance to prove that.

Comment

Here.

Actually please do follow all their posts in the topic. It's an amazing study of how people can subvert everything known in the software industry just to fit their agenda. First, loudly claiming that libweston.so is a shared library, then finding horrible lame excuses why it's not and changing the topic in the process. It's cringeworthy really. And then of course insulting me in every other message when I simply prove they are lying and libweston.so is not a shared library among Wayland compositors. Liar, liar, liar.
      minor problem.
      He never seems to have said it was "shared between compositors", you made that bit up when you misunderstood what he said earlier.
      He said its a shared library in the reference implementation, which it does in fact seem to be.

Comment

Have you read the messages by myownfriend directed at me? Mine were factual and neutral, he insulted me at every turn, called me names, etc. etc. etc. Amazing you haven't said a thing to him. And could you consider checking the previous 50 or so messages that I've posted? None of them have anything with a bad tone or manners - yet, you ignored everything and paid attention only to this one.
        This may surprise you, but when I see a quarrel, I don't sit down to read each and every message with care. I skip it as fast as I can. Which is why I said if toned things down a little, what you actually have to say will convey much better.

As for why didn't I reply to Myownfriend, going by his past messages I have no hope for him.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          As for why didn't I reply to Myownfriend, going by his past messages I have no hope for him.
          I can never even remember what I disagree with you over lol

Comment

That's unfortunate but how precisely they are broken? Running 144Hz with FreeSync here and I've got no issues both under Windows and Linux.
            Well the option in settings to set more then 60hz dissepeared on both windows and linux with the newest drivers, if I downgrade to 495 a 120hz option is added on both windows and linux again. And in windows the option to set more then 8bit also disseapears. With older drivers I can set up to 12 bit.
            I got used to 120hz so its feels wierd and laggy on the desktop with 60hz, so I really hope they fix the problem soon.
            Last edited by scirocco; 21 February 2022, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by scirocco View Post

Well the option in settings to set more then 60hz dissepeared on both windows and linux with the newest drivers, if I downgrade to 495 a 120hz option is added on both windows and linux again. And in windows the option to set more then 8bit also disseapears. With older drivers I can set up to 12 bit.
              I got used to 120hz so its feels wierd and laggy on the desktop with 60hz, so I really hope they fix the problem soon.
              Please report at:

https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/...hics/linux/148
              https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...dy-drivers/13/
              https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/util...m/redirect/ask

This looks like a very serious bug. If possible try using a different HDMI/DP cable.

Comment

This release was also bundled with GSP firmware and the Vulkan fix applied to having flipping enabled in applications.

Comment

Working...
                X