Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA RTX 30 Series Resizable BAR Support Continues Helping Performance On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bosjc View Post
    It's too bad this won't get "backported" to at least the 2000 series.
    2000 series and older do support rebar. Look at rebar uefi and the Nvidia link on it GitHub page. It has instructions for modding the motherboard bios to add support for rebar. I used it to enable rebar on my 2080 Ti. It was mentioned that 1000 series cards also work but the Nvidia driver either refuses to load or resets the bar size if detected.

Comment

Originally posted by crashniels View Post

2000 series and older do support rebar. Look at rebar uefi and the Nvidia link on it GitHub page. It has instructions for modding the motherboard bios to add support for rebar. I used it to enable rebar on my 2080 Ti. It was mentioned that 1000 series cards also work but the Nvidia driver either refuses to load or resets the bar size if detected.
      Nviida 20XX series is only PCIE3 and I just randomly saw this - https://smallformfactor.net/articles...gpu-benchmark/ - "Today, we’re going to test what happens when you turn on Resizable BAR on a mid-range GPU, with a PCIe 3.0 interface."

And from their screenshots of performance - there 2 fps difference when rebar on/off on PCIE3, and sometime degradation of performance.

Comment

Working...
      X