NVIDIA 470 Linux Driver Series To Be "Even More Wayland-Friendly"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sn99 View Post

Maybe a forum about open-source and Linux is not for you ?
    Is that all you could say in your defense? LMAO.

I've never said "Fuck you" to any corporation in the world and I exercise humbleness unlike frothing, self-entitled and shitting Open Source fan-atics who believe the world owes them because they love open source without ever contributing to it. OMFG, what a fucking joke most of you are. Start with filing bug reports, debugging, coding, fixing bugs first, then make outrageous claims for fuck's sake. Or, you can continue to enjoy your little shit-show here in the comments section of Phoronix.

Comment

birdie there are a few AAA games for linux too. like tomb raider. i know there are more. i just can't remember since i dont have them in my library

edit: as a side IIRC there use to be a time when steam use to show at requirements for linux that amd graphic is not supported.
      Last edited by loganj; 05 March 2021, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Someone has started to delete my comments, ok, looks like whoever is moderating these forums is biased and partial and people are welcome to crap on nvidia while reasonable voices are being shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
          birdie there are a few AAA games for linux too. like tomb raider. i know there are more. i just can't remember since i dont have them in my library

edit: as a side IIRC there use to be a time when steam use to show at requirements for linux that amd graphic is not supported.
          Windows and consoles get up to a hundred of AAA titles every year if not more. Are you saying a single port of a game from a few years back counts as AAA gaming for Linux? Are you serious?

Comment

birdie yes for me it counts. even if its 10 years or 20 years old. if its a good game (for me) then yes it counts. for every year AAA games i might not even like one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
              Someone has started to delete my comments, ok, looks like whoever is moderating these forums is biased and partial and people are welcome to crap on nvidia while reasonable voices are being shut down.
              Probably not that. More like the vile attitude you keep spitting at times.
              Just a wild guess.

Comment

Originally posted by milkylainen View Post

Probably not that. More like the vile attitude you keep spitting at times.
                Just a wild guess.
                Really?? Each topic about nvidia starts with "Fuck you" and that's suddenly ok? You're amazing at overlooking the log in your eye.

Comment

here we are again. Yes of course you could play all the AAA on win10 (for 10$ - win only) mostly bugfree. But ... it costs only 10$ because MS like Google etc. make it cheap so that they can collect the new gold "personal data" otherwise it would cost again 100 -200$ like in the past. Don't know how much a Win7 etc license was without pc. But I know that at my workplace the cost for an office PC is around 1000€ (500€ Hardware + 500€ MS Win, MS Office, MS Outlook) ...

Why do we have this situation? MS has a monopoly on the Computer OS since decades. And its closed nature makes it difficult to just switch without drawbacks. e.g. running Games with prop backends like DX on other Plattforms. Thats why people have to reverse engineer this indeed stable apis. And of course reverse engineering this API's without official support will cause buggy "emulation".

If more People would use Linux more Devs would develop native Games for Linux and more People would switch. But People only switch when more Games are available on Linux .......(without using fancy proton-ge environments).

So chicken Egg Problem. Why don't you have a look at the smartphone market - almost any game there is "Linux native" if you consider Android as kinda "Linux Distribution". How many million gamers are there? I have never heard anyone saying Android Games are shitty because Android runs Linux under the hood and the games use Vulkan or OpenGL Api.
                  That is simply the law of the market dominator. Of course classic 3d games run better on Windows.
                  Because they are designed to be on Windows.
                  But considering that no MS employee has officially touched the wine code or dxvk vkd3d ...it performs utterly splendid.

...why is Windows now better? Because it dominates the Market with its defacto monopoly?
                  Last edited by CochainComplex; 05 March 2021, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie
                    The fuck are you so frothing about? Open Source fans continue to impress with their hostility, lack of humbleness, self-entitlement and superiority complex.

What a fucking clown show we have here in the comments section of Phoronix. LMAO.

Go to the mirror and say "Fuck you!"
                    Wow. This quote would be a great example for a Psychology major to use for teaching the concept of self projection.

Comment

I mean 'birdie's name is a Fuck You, anyhow, right?

Comment

Working...
                      X