NVIDIA 460.27.04 Linux Beta Driver Has Ray-Tracing, Many Other Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birdie View Post
    Drivers 455.45.01 were released a few weeks ago and they are fully compatible with kernels 5.9 and 5.10.
    When my current processing queue has ended, I'll check for any new updates to 5.9 and try this new driver. Last time I tried, CUDA and OpenCL were still broken with kernel 5.9. Desktop works OK, games work OK, nvidia-smi runs, but my CUDA applications faceplant when run. They're fine with 5.8.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post

When my current processing queue has ended, I'll check for any new updates to 5.9 and try this new driver. Last time I tried, CUDA and OpenCL were still broken with kernel 5.9. Desktop works OK, games work OK, nvidia-smi runs, but my CUDA applications faceplant when run. They're fine with 5.8.
      the last 450 resolves the issue and this one, the others are broken for cuda and you need to use cuda 10.1 too

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

the last 450 resolves the issue and this one, the others are broken for cuda and you need to use cuda 10.1 too
        OK, thanks.

Comment

This driver seems to have fixed the freezing I would experience when high I/O activity was going on. Unfortunately it looks like it broke being able to suspend my PC though. Does Nvidia open bug threads for their beta drivers?

Comment

Working...
          X