Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scottc
    replied
    I'm new to Blender, but I found that on my fairly modest system (9700K + RTX2070) it was still faster to use CUDA with CPU+GPU instead of Optix.

Is that an expected result? Does that mean Optix rendering is really only for folks with multiple high-end GPUs in their system? (which is probably not uncommon in the rendering business, I guess)

Leave a comment:

• Imout0
    replied
    Originally posted by Dunexus View Post

#BlenderJustTriesToPerformTheBestOnEachPlatformUsi ngAvailableTechnologiesAndFrameworksAndDoesItVeryW ell
    No, it doesn't. The initial 2.81 build slowed AMD GPUs by a whopping 50% and was partially fixed because people complained. Developers said they wouldn't waste their time fixing that any further.

It is honestly discouraging seeing how the Blender development team doesn't have the patience with OpenCL that we have with their constant fuck ups.

Leave a comment:

• Dunexus
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    #BlenderFavorsNVIDIA
    #BlenderJustTriesToPerformTheBestOnEachPlatformUsi ngAvailableTechnologiesAndFrameworksAndDoesItVeryW ell

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    #BlenderFavorsNVIDIA

Leave a comment:

• Imout0
    replied
    Why didn't you test the barbershop scene?

Ahh, right...

Leave a comment:

• Blender 2.82's NVIDIA OptiX Support Is Performing Very Well

Phoronix: Blender 2.82's NVIDIA OptiX Support Is Performing Very Well

Continuing on with our Blender 2.82 benchmarking for this open-source 3D modeling software update that debuted last month with numerous improvements, here are some fresh benchmarks of the CUDA and OptiX back-ends for NVIDIA GPU acceleration...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X