Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RealNC
    replied
    128MB is more than plenty for all kinds of video. I guess there's some other problem and this is just a misleading error message.

Leave a comment:

• dickeywang
    replied
    Well, I am just hoping Nvidia will make some changes to their driver so cards with only 128MB VRam + turbocache can play HD video.
    My Quadro FX 570M (128MB) can play non-HD videos without a problem, but it always gives error 23 (insufficient vram) when I try to play video with 720p or higher resolutions. nvidia-settings does show that this card has 512MB vram(128MB onboard vram + 384MB turbocache, i guess), but it seems the driver doesn't make use of the turbocache.
    Last edited by dickeywang; 03 February 2009, 07:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic A NVIDIA VDPAU Back-End For Intel's VA-API

A NVIDIA VDPAU Back-End For Intel's VA-API

Phoronix: A NVIDIA VDPAU Back-End For Intel's VA-API

Just over a month ago we shared that patches had emerged to support Intel's VA-API in MPlayer and FFmpeg. VA-API supports popular video formats such as MPEG-4 and VC-1 and is able to accelerate IDCT, Motion Compensation, LVC, bit-stream processing, and other functions, but this video API has not picked up much speed yet. The only display driver to have implemented support for VA-API in the hardware is Intel's closed-source driver (the one that's a bloody mess) for the Poulsbo chipset, which is found in a few select netbooks/nettops. However, it is now possible to use Intel's VA-API with NVIDIA hardware (the GeForce 8 series and later) and soon will be possible to use this video API on ATI/AMD hardware too.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X