Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Announces DRIVE AGX Orin With New SoC Built On Next-Gen GPU + Arm Hercules Cores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Announces DRIVE AGX Orin With New SoC Built On Next-Gen GPU + Arm Hercules Cores

Phoronix: NVIDIA Announces DRIVE AGX Orin With New SoC Built On Next-Gen GPU + Arm Hercules Cores

NVIDIA announced the new DRIVE AGX Orin last night as their software-defined platform for robots and vehicles. Besides the DRIVE AGX itself, making it very notable is the use of their new Tegra "Orin" SoC...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Orin-DRIVE-AGX

Michael, typo:
    Savier
    It's Xavier

Comment

Nvidia and ARM devices... I recall the tegra familly. So little upstream. So sad.

Comment

Originally posted by yurikoles View Post
        Michael, typo:

It's Xavier
        Where? There are too many Xavier's.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Where? There are too many Xavier's.
          Fixed already.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
            Nvidia and ARM devices... I recall the tegra familly. So little upstream. So sad.
            Be careful for what you wish for. If every board had an upstream of everything the ARM-tree would be a worse constant mess than it already is.
            I'm actually quite thankful that I don't see shit being upstreamed as soon as anyone has declared a new world order with a new ARM board/SoC.
            Thoughtful designs don't need much tinkering. Front ass designs do.
            I can think of a number of SoCs that has been killed due to ridiculous amount of unmaintainable FUBAR hardware and drivers put into the SoC.

Comment

Working...
            X