NVIDIA 418.43 Stable Linux Driver Released, Includes GTX 1660 Ti Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 418.43 Stable Linux Driver Released, Includes GTX 1660 Ti Support

Phoronix: NVIDIA 418.43 Stable Linux Driver Released, Includes GTX 1660 Ti Support

As expected given today's GeForce GTX 1660 Ti launch, NVIDIA has released a new Linux graphics driver supporting the 1660 Ti as well as the RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design and RTX 2080 with Max-Q Design, among other changes...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Linux-Release

According nvidia json file:

{ "fileformat_version" : "1.0.0", "ICD": { "library_path": "NV_VK_ICD_", "api_version" : "1.1.95" } }

Comment

Anyone know if this includes the vulkan beta changes (fix for Warhammer 2/etc)?

Comment

Still no PPA release for 418.

Comment

I hope VRR can be made to work for windowed games also, and it be nice if they found a way to allow multi monitor support, it works so damn well under Windows and the VRR functionality and ease of use under Linux is a mere shadow of that.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
            Still no PPA release for 418.
            Use the run file from nvidia site, it is easy to remove the nvidia driver with one command, you can use whatever version of the nvidia driver and patching for new kernels is simpler. Removing and using many Debian packages are more problematic.

Comment

So far no issues with it.

Comment

Is it possible to make a fresh installation of some modern distros like the newest ubuntu18.10 or fedora29 with 1660ti.
                I failed to do that with fedora 29, any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by v21cesc View Post
                  Is it possible to make a fresh installation of some modern distros like the newest ubuntu18.10 or fedora29 with 1660ti.
                  I failed to do that with fedora 29, any advice?
                  You can try my distribution, it has no nvidia drivers and uses the Vesa driver. Install the nvidia driver manually as documented.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKJ-IatUfis
                  Last edited by debianxfce; 03-05-2019, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

You can try my distribution, it has no nvidia drivers and uses the Vesa driver. Install the nvidia driver manually as documented.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKJ-IatUfis
                    Thanks for replying.
                    I finally managed to do that. There is something wrong with fedora workstation version. The graphical installer won't start. Then I tried the LXDE spin. It's OK. After finishing the installation including the nvidia binary driver, I had to switch back to GDM to avoid the black login screen failure.

Comment

Working...
                    X