No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760/960/1060 / RTX 2060 Linux Gaming & Compute Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phoronix, please focus on benchmarking with pros and cons or standalone benchmarking.

The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 is shipping today as the most affordable Turing GPU option to date at $349 USD
    Yesterday NVIDIA kicked off their week at CES by announcing the GeForce RTX 2060, the lowest-cost Turing GPU to date at just $349 USD but aims to deliver around the performance of the previous-generation GeForce GTX 1080
    The geforce 1060 6gb was also around the performance of the previous-generation geforce 980, it consumed less power and had more vram. 3D Mark TimeSpy shows score of 9699 for the best geforce 980 and 9663 for the best geforce 1060 6gb. Early tests going as far back as July 2016 by "pc gamer" show close performance under OpenGL and Vulkan between the geforce 1060 6gb and geforce 980. Like xorbe showed, the geforce 2060 broke the barrier of extreme cost for what is supposed to be a mid range card. Isn't this obvious to anyone that has been in this industry for more than 5 years?

The pricing of the RTX 2060 is certainly quite competitive and the best value we've seen out of the Turing hardware to date
    I expect a review to highlight pros and cons while taking previous launches into consideration. I understand that you have not had much time for the review, but if it's not a comprehensive review please only show the benchmarks (which I enjoy and value). There is no need to echo Nvidia's marketing at the start of each post. I honestly don't know why you would do that? Only showing a single perspective that matches Nvidia marketing is very questionable. I expect more objectivity and less pluralistic ignorance from an experienced writer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
      Like xorbe showed, the geforce 2060 broke the barrier of extreme cost for what is supposed to be a mid range card. Isn't this obvious to anyone that has been in this industry for more than 5 years?
      Strange development indeed. It costs more than I gave for my Fury a few years back, and that was a high end part then.

Comment

Phoronix, can you add to your benchmarks power usage reported by AIDA/nvidia-smi? Also it's better to compute "energy efficiency of GPU" using GPU-only power, not power of the whole system.

Comment

Working...
        X