Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 410.93 Linux Driver Released With Quadro RTX 8000 Support, 4.20 Kernel Compatible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 410.93 Linux Driver Released With Quadro RTX 8000 Support, 4.20 Kernel Compatible

Phoronix: NVIDIA 410.93 Linux Driver Released With Quadro RTX 8000 Support, 4.20 Kernel Compatible

The NVIDIA 410.93 Linux driver is out today as the company's first Linux driver release of 2019...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Going to stay on 410.78 for a bit longer, it seems to be working fine with 4.19.

Ran across a pretty awesome lib called libstrangle. You can cap your fps via steam launch options. Now my vsync is as flawless as on windows for some titles like Alien Isolation, silky silky buttery smooth. I recommend everyone if they have not to check it out. You can cap just about any application at whatever you want, I go with my monitors refresh frequency.

Yes everyone, check out libstrangle, I am serious its not joke. Some games don't work well with it like Metro 2033 but for some games that have builtin vsync issues its perfect.

It removes stutter and frame skipping. Also hardware runs cooler with it.

You basically just enter something like, 'strangle 60 %command%' in steam game launch options. I have my nvidia configuration for my display server using triple buffering and force pipeline disabled, I can easily re-enable it through nvidia-settings. Also I keep my compositor turned off if I'm not watching video. Seems plenty of games don't like compositors or forced pipeline, but just about every game I can think of works fine with triple buffering.

libstrangle fixes Outlast as well, it would stutter and frame skip terribly. Some games like Shadow of Mordor and Rise of The Tomb Raider simply don't need it though cause they properly cap and sync to hardware.
    Last edited by creative; 05 January 2019, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X