NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Linux Gaming Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rene View Post

so because I'm not on the most wanted list I should give a shit about basic security guidelines and run untrusted, unverified kernel code in my ring 0? What is next, I don't need SSL nor a password, just because? PS: Also when you want to run any other OS you have a hard time getting Nvidia binary fluff to work then, DragonflyBSD or even Haiku everyone? What if next year comes an super secure and uber stable new (microkernel) OS and you can run it on everything but this nvidia junk? Or you do OS research and are even working on that yourself?
    The original message was about the government. If you are worried about normal hackers and scammers then again getting a driver from Nvidia isn't the biggest security issue. There are many other attack vectors. Your 123monkey password is much more of an issue and the fact that you use it on everything. You should care about security but you need to start with the most common form of attack and work your way to the obscure. So while you were running your open BIOS on your open hardware, you clicked on the phishing link and just ruined the rest of it. Oh and I love Nvidia drivers because they work, that is why I use them and why I buy the Nvidia hardware.

Comment

Working...
    X