Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Unveils $2,499 USD TITAN RTX

Phoronix: NVIDIA Unveils $2,499 USD TITAN RTX

After teasing the TITAN RTX over the weekend on social media, NVIDIA this morning officially announced this new $2,499 USD graphics card...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh great!

So, all those YouTubers will get two or four Cards for free.
    * one will make a pc with 24 card cards with 56 intel processor cores.
    * one will make it water-cooled, oil-cooled, pee-cooled.
    * one will fit the card into a match-box and run.
    * one will drop the card!

Few will actually buy the card.

and we will just look for a good card for $100-$200 in the 2nd-hand market.

Comment

P.S. Every reviewers will say this card is not for gamers, but they all will use the card to review all their games from now on!

Comment

Originally posted by ayandon View Post
        Oh great!

So, all those YouTubers will get two or four Cards for free.
        * one will make a pc with 24 card cards with 56 intel processor cores.
        * one will make it water-cooled, oil-cooled, pee-cooled.
        * one will fit the card into a match-box and run.
        * one will drop the card!

Few will actually buy the card.

and we will just look for a good card for $100-$200 in the 2nd-hand market.
        You missed the most important thing: 99% of EVERYONE on the internet will claim that since AMD cannot compete with it, their next 50 dollar gpu is going to be from NVIDIA.

Comment

So you can pay roughly double the price of the RTX 2080Ti but for much less than double the performance. What a bargain. But hey, not my problem - if people really feel like wasting all that money, have at it.
          EDIT:
          And let's not forget the 2080Ti was already a poor value, reaching Titan prices to begin with.
          Last edited by schmidtbag; 03 December 2018, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

You missed the most important thing: 99% of EVERYONE on the internet will claim that since AMD cannot compete with it, their next 50 dollar gpu is going to be from NVIDIA.
            Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              So you can pay roughly double the price of the RTX 2080Ti but for much less than double the performance. What a bargain. But hey, not my problem - if people really feel like wasting all that money, have at it.
              Man, honestly speaking to you..... I am a die hard PC Gamer, but now I think Console and its price is totally worth it, much cheaper., no headache for 'upgrades'.
              Just buy 2nd-hand games/disc from Social Groups and enjoy.

Comment

Bitcoin takes another plunge... Nvidia releases another overpriced card... Now it's the third time in a row? It's pretty obvious we're underestimating just how much those HPC government surveillance programs are paying out.

Comment

Originally posted by ayandon View Post
                  Man, honestly speaking to you..... I am a die hard PC Gamer, but now I think Console and its price is totally worth it, much cheaper., no headache for 'upgrades'.
                  Just buy 2nd-hand games/disc from Social Groups and enjoy.
                  You can compete with modern consoles for a similar price. Consoles can't play 4K@60FPS. Hell, many games can barely do 1080p@60FPS with max detail.
                  You don't have to buy the best to have a good experience. Nvidia is capitalizing on the fact that people feel the need to one-up each other. Meanwhile, I'm still using an R9 290 that continues to get performance improvements and new features and handles most Linux games at 1080p, 60FPS, max detail. I paid 11% for that GPU vs what the Titan RTX costs, I got some free games from it too, and it still gives me a better gaming experience than consoles.

Things aren't so bleak, people just need to lower their expectations. If you're ok with 30FPS, 4K gaming is actually surprisingly affordable. There's more to gaming than having the best FPS.

EDIT:
                  It's worth pointing out that if you are playing modern games in 1080p or 1440p, you can turn down the texture detail a notch down from ultra and have little to no visible difference. Those extra high-res textures are only practical for 4K and when looking at something point-blank. Although changing texture detail doesn't have a big impact on overall GPU compute performance, it does have a heavy impact on VRAM usage, and once that gets fully used up, you'll start to get a noticeable performance hit.
                  Last edited by schmidtbag; 03 December 2018, 10:12 AM.

Comment

It seems to be just a de-certified version of the Quadro RTX 6000 for half the price.

Comment

Working...
                    X