No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 390.42 Linux Driver Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

390.25 was a very bad release. Had to downgrade as well.

Comment

Yes. it was marked as stable release but was beta quality.

Comment

Not sure if I had the flickering issue but I installed this with Kernel4.15.9 without any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
          Not sure if I had the flickering issue but I installed this with Kernel4.15.9 without any issues.
          it was only flickering if you explicitly set ForceFullCompositionPipeline=On or ForceCompositionPipeline=On in xorg.conf for example. Those option are off by default.

Comment

I generally always have those on, with triplebuffer option in conf.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
              I generally always have those on, with triplebuffer option in conf.
              Yep, I have that option as well. It's good the flicker mentioned in the changelog wasn't happening on your computer then :-)

Comment

Weird, the driver being developed in closed setting, it's like.. god job? Even though I have no idea what you're doing...

Comment

Where can I find out which kernel this release will work with officially (i.e. latest release it should support)? I have a Ryzen 1700 and want to upgrade from 4.12.2 and 384.98. However, 4.15.2 and 390.25 did NOT like being paired up (blank screen). Given theriddick's report, I will probably try this version with a more recent kernel, but would love to know if there's an official location to look or something?

Comment

Is there some official documentation about which kernel versions are suitable for this driver? I tried 4.15.2 with 390.25 and got a black screen. Based on theriddick's report of success, I'll probably try again soon.. Would love to get some native sensor support for my Ryzen 1700.

Comment

Working...
                    X