Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jaylittle
    replied
    I'm not surprised. Been using Linux on my t460s with Skylake since kernel 4.4 and one thing is certain: 4.9 is the first kernel release that has made me feel free Skylake is 100% good to go. Ever since upgrading to 4.9, my experience has been rock solid. None of the little glitches and ocassional drm related crashes from before. I was even able to remove "i915.enable_rc6=0" from my kernel command line and reclaim three extra hours worth of battery life.

Given the lackluster reviews for Kaby Lake even on the Windows side, I'll be sticking with my t460s until at least early next year. Lenovo's upcoming models don't offer enough in the way of other improvements to get me to pull the trigger on an upgrade this year. But given that my t460s is now working so damn well, if it's not broken, why fix it?

Leave a comment:

• Kaby Lake HD Graphics 630 Appear To Be Coming Up Short On Linux

Phoronix: Kaby Lake HD Graphics 630 Appear To Be Coming Up Short On Linux

One would think the graphics of a Core i5 7600K "Kaby Lake" processor would be faster than the Core i5 6600K "Skylake" or even a Core i5 6500, but that's not always the case with the current state of the Linux driver support for the newest-generation Intel hardware.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X