Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel IvyBridge/Haswell/Broadwell/Skylake OpenGL & Vulkan Benchmarks On Linux 4.10 + Mesa 13.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• franglais125
    replied
    Thanks for the benchmarks! I was waiting for something like this.

Michael did all systems get a similar setting for RAM?
    - I did notice that some have 8GB and some 16GB of RAM, I don't know if the total amount can have an impact on benchmark results for the ones presented, 8GB sounds like it should be enough, i.e. not a bottleneck
    - But it leaves me wondering if all systems get 2 channels of RAM. The i7577C is the only one shown as 2x(something) for RAM. All the others have single channel RAM?

Besides that, I've had AMD in the past (Turion) and then I'm sporting an old Sandybridge, both with integrated GPUs, I'm not strictly a fan of either company, though I generally prefer AMD.
    Following many comments in this forum, I was under the impression that AMD's integrated graphics were *much* better than intel's. These benchmarks show otherwise: performance seems to be rather similar (with the i7557C performing much better due to eRAM, AFAIU).

Is this correct, or is there any major caveat that I'm missing?

Anyway, looking forward to Ryzen.

Leave a comment:

• Intel IvyBridge/Haswell/Broadwell/Skylake OpenGL & Vulkan Benchmarks On Linux 4.10 + Mesa 13.1

Phoronix: Intel IvyBridge/Haswell/Broadwell/Skylake OpenGL & Vulkan Benchmarks On Linux 4.10 + Mesa 13.1

With running fresh benchmarks on all of my Intel systems for comparison with my upcoming Kaby Lake desktop CPU Linux reviews, this weekend I have some fresh results of the past few generations of Intel hardware when looking at their HD/Iris Graphics performance when using the latest Linux driver code as of Linux 4.10 Git and Mesa 13.1-devel Git from this week.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X