Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frosth View Post
    so opengl 3.3 still, this is odd...
    Yeah, we have to land 1-2 more patches. Nothing too bad. Should happen this week.

Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
    Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Originally posted by imirkin View Post

I don't think that's required. ARB_shader_image_load_store only requires frag (and with ARB_compute_shader, compute) support. Both of those are scalar, so you should be able to get GL 4.5 once the va64 bits have been worked out, if any. Everything else has already been fixed up for HSW (stencil texturing, qbo), although not yet for IVB, which will be stuck at GL 4.2 when the fp64 is done.
      They increased the minimum number of required image units for VS/GS/TCS/TES. Another one character change in the state tables leading to large changes in requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayden View Post

They increased the minimum number of required image units for VS/GS/TCS/TES. Another one character change in the state tables leading to large changes in requirements.
        I'm not seeing it, at least in the GL 4.5 spec... https://www.opengl.org/registry/doc/glspec45.core.pdf see pdf page 644, printed page 623 -- for pre-frag stages, it's 0.

Comment

Originally posted by imirkin View Post

I'm not seeing it, at least in the GL 4.5 spec... https://www.opengl.org/registry/doc/glspec45.core.pdf see pdf page 644, printed page 623 -- for pre-frag stages, it's 0.
          Awesome. Ilia's right as usual. I saw MAX_BLA_BLA_BLA_IMAGE_UNITS and didn't realize it said MAX_..._TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS...which is textures, not images. Thanks!

Comment

Code:
            OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
            OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Haswell Mobile 
            OpenGL core profile version string: 4.0 (Core Profile) Mesa 13.1.0-devel
            OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.00
            OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
            OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
            OpenGL core profile extensions:
            OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 13.1.0-devel
            OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
            OpenGL context flags: (none)
            OpenGL extensions:
            OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 13.1.0-devel
            OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10
            OpenGL ES profile extensions:

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              Deliberately trolling hard or just heavy sarcasm.
              I was commenting on a complex subject, Haswell now has, and forever will have an OGL 4 video driver. If you dont understand what that means and just act dumb youre just being immature.

Have a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

And your point is...?
                That its so old and still not supported.
                That is a failure for Intel and their Linux graphics device driver development team.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

That its so old and still not supported.
                  That is a failure for Intel and their Linux graphics device driver development team.

But in the other hand if you don't have Skylake or Iris pro haswell you can forget about nice ogl4+ gamming.
                  With my 4600(hsw) i can try do some thing in very low res + low settings. So theoretically I can do some things, but in practice these are only benchmarks.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
                    I was commenting on a complex subject, Haswell now has, and forever will have an OGL 4 video driver. If you dont understand what that means and just act dumb youre just being immature.
                    I didn't understand statements like

"Theres a reason why public drivers take long to hit the market; the developers cant make money off the code. Its pretty basic."
                    and
                    "Instead, if you realize the competitiveness this makes for Haswell drivers, it is huge! Microsoft can basically no longer claim sole capability."

This driver, just like the one on Windows was made by Intel devs or by mercenaries paid by Intel anyway (people on Collabora team were hired by Intel to get this done).

So I don't see how developers aren't making money off the code (they are on Intel's payroll), nor how this driver competes in any way with the one on Windows, as it's still the same hardware so Intel is happy in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                      That its so old and still not supported.That is a failure for Intel and their Linux graphics device driver development team.
                      If you were trying to run OpenGL 4.x apps/games on your Haswell GPU, you just may have been doing it wrong. I'm going to guess the primary motivation for Intel to do this was to support OpenGL ES 3.2, which just came out about a year ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X