Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel DRM-Next Performance Tests With Skylake (Linux 4.8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

I used those zip settings and fullhd test gives 90 fps

So let stop your shit talking here.
    You can't also copy/paste that settings and use against your distro version binary, as debian have openarena version compiled against more recent ioquake engine... when even some of these settings are removed and they don't work... so what you are doing is illegal to be compared with what you see on phoronix
    Last edited by dungeon; 11 July 2016, 08:31 AM.

Comment

You should mention in your articles, when using custom settings, to avoid this shit talk.
      It is all custom, now you know it So only way to be valid to some extend when you want to compare something with others or with results you see on phoronix, is to install suite and run what you want.

Comment

Please stop bs writing, debian testing and ubuntu 16.04 uses same ioquake engine in openarena:
        http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.or...8-16_changelog
        http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changel...8-15/changelog
        But openarena via phoronix suite don't and that is point here

Comment

That is not my fault if phoronix test take some old version. Tests should be open and easy to reproduce, phoronix tests are not.
          It is not old version but official, altough with custom settings They are what author Michael wants, you know . If you have some suggestion, ask him to improve it if he wants
          Last edited by dungeon; 11 July 2016, 08:58 AM.

Comment

WTFK is you trash talk about different quake engines then.
            Debian/Ubuntu version is not official openarena version... Official version if you dunno is what you get from openarena site

And that official is 4+ years old build

Debian's openarena version uses recent ioquake3 version... that is better then official, as it keeps up with up to date engine

Last edited by dungeon; 11 July 2016, 09:19 AM.

Comment

What a logic then is to test new drivers with old software and software that most users do not use.
              Mainly hardware comparison.

You have even more of this stock versions on major sites which tests Windows ... Above my head is anandtech, they even made articles at end of every year and say: "Hey guys these and these will be major set of benchmarks for let say whole year 2017. and we will not change any game version or change anything there regardless what happens"

Even if nuke fallen, nope, nothing And all that just because of more sense in hardware comparison
              Last edited by dungeon; 11 July 2016, 09:46 AM.

Comment

You should mention in your articles, when using custom settings, to avoid this shit talk.
                It's not custom in the context of PTS... Use PTS if you want it to be comparable.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

That is not my fault if phoronix test take some old version. Tests should be open and easy to reproduce, phoronix tests are not when using everything custom. For example this way: War Thunder game from Steam, Pacific War (day) benchmark , fullhd, fullscreen, low graphics: average 21 fps
                  PTS makes it easily most reproducible... It's all clearly documented via the test profiles.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Steam games are fresh in phoronix tests, because steam updates automatically.
                    Yup, and that is why all phoronix articles and results for those steam games from the past are unusable to read On game update numbers can change too, so.
                    Last edited by dungeon; 11 July 2016, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Past is past, today is today. Gamers use latest versions of games so only phoronix cares about old openarena.
                      I agree, today is today and today you made another BS claim

So you tested against your distro version, without knowing that it isn't comparable... that is fine if you dunno and now you know it So to validate this again:

OpenArena fullhd test:
                      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-371-_-Product
                      vs
                      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819117561

A8-7600: 140 fps
                      i5: 70 fps

i5 is 3 times more expensive than A8-7600 and two times slower. My whole pc did cost almost as much i5 only..

My system: 2x4GB 2133Mhz ddr3, Asus A88XM-E motherboard, SanDisk ssd Plus 240GB, Debian testing Xfce, custom kernel 4.7.0-rc5, padoka ppa mesa, amdgpu drivers.
                      FALSE!!!
                      Last edited by dungeon; 11 July 2016, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X