noob z87 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob z87 question

I'm new to the site and new to linux. I want to move to linux. I've been a windows user for most all my life. Not sure which linux version to go with. At any rate I'm also looking to build my own machine, something I've done many times already. I was thinking of going with the latest hardware. I see that this site has done a review of the z77 chipset, or at least said that the z77 is very compatible with linux. I'm wondering if the same is true for the z87? I was thinking of going with the MSI z87i gaming ac. Doing a search I see that the MSI z87i has some performance benchmarks on openbenchmarking.org so I assume linux is running on that motherboard.

I also don't know which version of linux to go with. I did do some searching and I think the recommendation was: "if you want stability go with fedora, if you want useability go with ubuntu.". Of course I want both. I'm a developer so I plan on using a command line interface and emacs. I also plan to let my son do some gaming on the machine using steam.

Thanks,
    Nick

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Comment

Working...
    X