Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Mesa Driver Ups Counter-Strike Performance

Phoronix: Intel Mesa Driver Ups Counter-Strike Performance

A patch to mainline Mesa yesterday from Intel has resulted in a ~7% performance boost for Sandy Bridge "GT2" graphics when running the video stress test for Valve's Counter-Strike: Source...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Next port after L4D2?

Comment

Did they test performance of CSS on Wine or do they have access to native version?

Comment

i think that i will ditch my nvidia card and use only the intel HD3000 with my intel core i5 2500k processor. Shame that the intel Ivy Bridge i5 3570k is a bit pricey atm.

Comment

The Ivy GPU indeed looks like it has top performance in Linux compared to others (running open source drivers, obviously). Personally, I hope Intel will leave the GPU in there for the next "E" CPU line

Comment

intel has to make a gpu which will be able to handle the soon to be released OpenGL version. the i5 2500k is unfortunately stuck @ OGL 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by Fazer View Post
              Did they test performance of CSS on Wine or do they have access to native version?
              I think this was with Wine, sorry. Matt had been working with CS:S long before Valve ever announced any Linux plans. Still, the change should help regardless!

Originally posted by Setlec View Post
              intel has to make a gpu which will be able to handle the soon to be released OpenGL version. the i5 2500k is unfortunately stuck @ OGL 3.0
              The i5 2500k (Ivybridge) hardware can handle at least OpenGL 4.0, as far as I'm aware. It's purely software that limits it to 3.0.
              Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
              Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

well iX-2... is snb and iX-3... is ivb. so something is wrong in your last sentence

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  well iX-2... is snb and iX-3... is ivb. so something is wrong in your last sentence
                  Oops, right, thanks. I was thinking HD 2500, not the i5 2500 (sigh, product names).

Yeah, the i5 2500K is Sandybridge which can do GL 3.3. Ivybridge can do GL 4.
                  Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
                  Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

well good to know that i5 2500K can handle OpenGL 3.3. i thought it was designed for OpenGL3.0 and unable to handle other versions.

Comment

Working...
                    X