Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Latest Details On Intel's Valley View Atom SoC

Phoronix: The Latest Details On Intel's Valley View Atom SoC

Another Intel DRM pull request was submitted this morning for driver changes that will ultimately land in the Linux 3.6 kernel. With these latest open-source Intel driver changes, some new details are revealed about Intel's Valley View -- their next-generation Atom SoC that sports Ivy Bridge class graphics rather than any PowerVR cruft...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yay!

I am glad Intel ditched those PowerVR assholes.

Comment

Interesting to say the least and good news for ATOM graphics.

The question in my mind is the road map for this SoC. That is will this be another half hearted effort at a SoC like the last few ATOMs or will Intel actually deliver a SoC people will want to implement. Let's be honest here, AMD has done a much better job with BRAZOS.

At this point they need a chip that doesn't need a north, south of mid bridge. Rather they need a market leading SoC implementation that needs an absolute minimal of support components. Even better ship a standard, widely available model with a Giga Byte of RAM in a 3D module. The industry needs a bump forward where 3D technology becomes the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        I am glad Intel ditched those PowerVR assholes.
        Yep, powerVR was a very ugly blotch on intel's otherwise excellent linux support, good riddance!
        Last edited by bwat47; 29 June 2012, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X