No announcement yet.

VaAPI with Intel HD Graphics Clarkdale i3 proc not working with mplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no deeper sleep state than 1200 mhz. vlc uses xv to playback (or something else), but mplayer uses an other method to display in vaapi mode.

Comment

vaapi again

I have began the procces from the beggining. Now I have modified my xorg.conf:
      Section "Device"
      Identifier "Configured Video Device"
      Driver "intel"
      Option "AccelMethod" "UXA"
      Option "DRI" "on"
      Option "MigrationHeuristic" "greedy"
      Option "IgnoreACPI" "yes"
      EndSection

./mplayer -vo vaapi -va vaapi test.mkv has problems. Cpu usage is high, something is bad.
      The mplayer log adviced to use -autosnyc 30. I have audio-video asyncron, but it seems the movie is smoother and the cpu usage is normal ~ 20-30.

Any advice?

Comment

Is VaAPI working properly now? I'm about to build a HTPC/PVR that uses a core i3-530.
        I'd prefer to use my Intel HD entirely, instead of a discrete nV if I can get away with it!

Comment

Yes it should now work out of the box with Maverick and maybe some ppa.

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/glasen/intel-driver/ubuntu maverick main
          deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/glasen/intel-driver/ubuntu maverick main

Comment

Originally posted by XabiX View Post
            Yes it should now work out of the box with Maverick and maybe some ppa.

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/glasen/intel-driver/ubuntu maverick main
            deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/glasen/intel-driver/ubuntu maverick main
            Thanks Xabix

Is a discrete nv card which can utilise VDPAU still much more beneficial overall than relying on Intel HD?

I'm talking purely from a VA (encoding/decoding etc) perspective, not 3d acceleration.
            Or is there no longer any compelling advantage VDPAU cards have in this area?

I'm looking at something like this*

But am wondering if there's any good reasons to bother any more?

*Alas the OEM GT 430 seems slightly better, not sure why that is?

Comment

^ Xabix or anyone?
              Thanks if you can spare some time.

Comment

Not to worry, deanj's since helped out a fair bit in my own thread.
                Still trying to determine which GT_430 to get though, so any thoughts appreciated!

Thank-you.

Comment

Originally posted by jalyst View Post
                  I'm talking purely from a VA (encoding/decoding etc) perspective, not 3d acceleration.
                  Or is there no longer any compelling advantage VDPAU cards have in this area?
                  The new Sandy Bridge-based Core iX processors support MPEG-2, H.264 & VC-1 decoding. H.264 encoding is still being worked on. Older Clarkdale/Arrandale platforms only support MPEG-2 & H.264 decoding. If you need MPEG-4 ASP (DivX) hardware accelerated video decoding, get the NVIDIA card. Otherwise, the built-in GPU is enough.

Comment

Yeah I only got an old clarkdale set-up, might upgrade to the sandy bridge revision due towards EOY (name escapes me, Ivy?).

Even if I had SB though, that decode/encode acceleration you're referring to, is still pretty flakey in Linux compared to nV's VDPAU right?

Which is why I'm still interested in a discrete GT_430 (and its successors).

Comment

Originally posted by jalyst View Post
                      Yeah I only got an old clarkdale set-up, might upgrade to the sandy bridge revision due towards EOY (name escapes me, Ivy?).
                      Ivry Bridge.

Even if I had SB though, that decode/encode acceleration you're referring to, is still pretty flakey in Linux compared to nV's VDPAU right?
                      No, why? Besides, VDPAU does not do anything like encoding.

Comment

Working...
                      X