Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rabauke View Post
    Not yet, did you?
    I am waiting to pull the trigger on a purchase, so I haven't got the system to test. It's quite a lot of money if I can't get this thing to work!!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyKnight View Post
      I am waiting to pull the trigger on a purchase, so I haven't got the system to test. It's quite a lot of money if I can't get this thing to work!!
      Atm, I've got no free time. Anyway, I'll check it till Mid September. You say, on Windows it is not possible? Whatever I set up in eg. MPC-HC?

Comment

Atm, I've got no free time. Anyway, I'll check it till Mid September. You say, on Windows it is not possible? Whatever I set up in eg. MPC-HC?
        On Windows, not possible. Intel have ignored the issue.

Comment

You have got this issues even in a cinema when the camera is moving. That's because 24 fps is a bit slow, you only see 3 to 4 times the same picture there. Some tvs "optimize" the effect with additional generated pictures inbetween (100/200 hz) which is smoother but has soap effect then.

Comment

At least for my stutter: Mpeg2 (DVD) runs completly fluent. SD+ resolutions don't. Perhaps I've got another stutter than yours?

Comment

If the Intel driver is outputting 24 Hz instead of 23.976 Hz for 1080p/24 material (most blu-rays) you will see a stutter every 40 seconds.

Your TV will insert (interpolate) and introduce extra frames to make 100Hz etc. (most modern TVs).

But if the Intel driver is outputting 24 instead of 23.976 you will get the stutter.

It doesn't affect DVDs.

I've posted the question to the xf86-intel list.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. I've got stutter 1-2x a second, it really doesn't look smooth. Does someone have an idea what it could be or how i can dissect this?

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. I've got stutter 1-2x a second, it really doesn't look smooth. Does someone have an idea what it could be or how i can dissect this?
                  Compiz + visual effects are a probable cause though I don't see that problem on my Ubuntu/lucid system. It would be interesting if you could find it out. Thanks.

Comment

I've got a plain gnome desktop, no compiz + eye candy. The stutter in Windows & Debian is almost the same, independent from the used OS as far as I can see. Might be the code shared intel driver, might be a hardware limitation. I'm on a Lenovo T410 Core i5. Stutter is on the laptop display as well as on TV screen. I've tried on windows several intel driver versions, the one from Feburary gives me least stutter. So it might tend to the display driver.

Comment

*February

cheers, Michael!

Comment

Working...
                      X