Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Intel CPU Microcode & "RFDS" Linux Kernel Patch For New Security Vulnerabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Intel CPU Microcode & "RFDS" Linux Kernel Patch For New Security Vulnerabilities

Phoronix: New Intel CPU Microcode & "RFDS" Linux Kernel Patch For New Security Vulnerabilities

Intel has released new CPU microcode for addressing five security issues and additionally there is newly-merged Linux kernel code for mitigating the new Register File Data Sampling "RFDS" micro-architectural vulnerability affecting Atom / E cores...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So Intel Core 7th Gen to current gets a patch. I wonder if Cores older than 7th Gen have the same vulnerability and this is a case of either WONTFIX or CANTFIX

Time to do some looking around for that answer.

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post
      So Intel Core 7th Gen to current gets a patch. I wonder if Cores older than 7th Gen have the same vulnerability and this is a case of either WONTFIX or CANTFIX

Time to do some looking around for that answer.
      Skylake and earlier are sadly already declared EOL by Intel and won't receive further microcode patches.

Comment

LOL, isn't that telling. E-Cores are rebadged Atoms then.

Comment

Originally posted by user556 View Post
          LOL, isn't that telling. E-Cores are rebadged Atoms then.
          this was known prior to alder lakes release.

that said, i'm just not going to update my microcode. i really don't care anymore.

Comment

Wow, I knew they were bad but didn't know they were that bad.

Comment

This is why you buy AMD CPUs. No E-Core bullshit.

At least for now.

Comment

Working...
              X