Intel Framebuffer Driver Set To Be Retired For Old i8xx/i9xx Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Framebuffer Driver Set To Be Retired For Old i8xx/i9xx Graphics

Phoronix: Intel Framebuffer Driver Set To Be Retired For Old i8xx/i9xx Graphics

The Intel frame-buffer driver "IntelFB" has been solicited for removal from the mainline Linux kernel. This FBDEV driver is for supporting very old Intel i8xx/i9xx integrated graphics hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice motherboard, only its excessive little size for calculator make it a breeze entertainment for scholars but now they purse their Google internship when such motherboards are not among their favourite suite of tools for syncing hertz with graphic framebuffer to tell if its cga graphics is still working or if its patented nature are suited for patent troll upgrade infringement, but for that its is required to have working driver but who knows if such code is among paid programmers work? Scholars should know that making such Google laptop working is not among Google interest to have such working computer because Google operating system is not among downloadable software, it is private to those only under Google arrest who know how to download its operating system when Fuchsia is under HTML working code

Comment

Originally posted by elbar View Post
      Nice motherboard, only its excessive little size for calculator make it a breeze entertainment for scholars but now they purse their Google internship when such motherboards are not among their favourite suite of tools for syncing hertz with graphic framebuffer to tell if its cga graphics is still working or if its patented nature are suited for patent troll upgrade infringement, but for that its is required to have working driver but who knows if such code is among paid programmers work? Scholars should know that making such Google laptop working is not among Google interest to have such working computer because Google operating system is not among downloadable software, it is private to those only under Google arrest who know how to download its operating system when Fuchsia is under HTML working code
      Reading that and some of your other comments makes me wonder what hallucinogens you're on. Mind sharing…?

Comment

Ahh bummer. I guess my Optiplex GX150 that I pulled out of the trash in 2007 will just have to hobble along with a distro made in... 2023. :-)

Comment

kalrish "Mind sharing…?"
          Nice double entendre!

Comment

I think I've had some of this hardware, around the Pentium 3 to Intel core 2 era. Anything actually using this still is probably closer to 15 years old.

Comment

Working on making a custom patch on the git kernel. Can't do make clean because it can't find the linuxfb Makefile.

Comment

Working...
              X