Intel Lands Vulkan Sparse Binding Support For ANV+i915 With Mesa 24.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Lands Vulkan Sparse Binding Support For ANV+i915 With Mesa 24.0

Phoronix: Intel Lands Vulkan Sparse Binding Support For ANV+i915 With Mesa 24.0

The most significant limitation of Intel Arc Graphics on Linux with the existing open-source driver stack has been the lack of sparse resources support that is needed for many newer games to work via Steam Play on Linux. Intel has a proper solution in place with their yet-to-be-merged Xe kernel driver while now for Mesa 24.0 their ANV Vulkan driver has landed an implementation that works with the existing i915 kernel driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

so happy to see this finally land, can't wait to test stuff like ryujinx with it. just need to find time to rebuild mesa again

Comment

Very nice, I was able to play Forza Horizon 4 with that. But the performance of dx12 version of games compared to dx11 is huge.

Comment

A month or so back i tried out a daily build of mesa (installed in /usr/local for easy removal and going back to stock as needed) and drm-xe-next kernel. (the solution to work with i915 kernel driver was not there yet then.) it did indeed let a couple dx12 games run that didn't before, That specific daily build also had some bug leeping one or two previously worling (dx11) games from firing up, but it was in the middle of HEAVY Patching then. At any rate this stuff is in good shape!

Comment

Working...
        X