No announcement yet.

Intel Arc Graphics Enjoy Nice ~10% Speedup With Recent Open-Source Linux Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Arc Graphics Enjoy Nice ~10% Speedup With Recent Open-Source Linux Driver

Phoronix: Intel Arc Graphics Enjoy Nice ~10% Speedup With Recent Open-Source Linux Driver

Merged to Mesa 23.2-devel recently was an Intel Arc Graphics driver change to improve performance. This ended up being a rather significant improvement to performance and in today's article is a look at the performance impact of the recent Mesa work by Intel engineers to better the Arc Graphics family.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Considering the current market Situation. This is gold news

Comment

Seeing GPU perf getting better is always great.
      Especially when it's the underdogs.

Comment

Arc has developed into a compelling alternative to nvidia. There's a lot of reason to be hopeful that battlemage will deliver something very competitive.

Comment

What is the current situation in regards to Intel's GPU for gaming? I remember some last year news about HPG variants being cancelled/discontinued 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
            What is the current situation in regards to Intel's GPU for gaming? I remember some last year news about HPG variants being cancelled/discontinued 🤔
            Yeah. Basically a HPC-only GPU refresh was canceled.

The later "Falcon Shores" server APU was delayed until 2025 and turned into a pure GPU.

On the surface this seems very worrying, and it is very worrying. But its not as bad as it seems, as the HPC guys seem to be the only ones interested in an APU. The booming AI market seemingly only wants big GPUs, not some new device they have to change their entire stack for.

Comment

Glad to hear they're making progress, if it weren't for the MIPI IPU6 webcam nonsense I might have ended up with one of those Intel NUC laptops with an Arc dGPU instead of my current HP Omen AMD APU+dGPU laptop.

Comment

Nice to see some competition against the Nvidia/AMD duopoly but Intel discrete is still a work in progress, I hope they don't cancel and continue to improve and release new cards.

Comment

That upcoming Low Profile ARC that is for SFF PC's looks interesting. I have a tiny little SFF PC in use by the family that could use a GPU upgrade.

The fact there has not been a decent LP SFF GPU in about 2 generations might make the ARC the best solution in years.

Comment

Working...
                  X