Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Lands Linux Audio Fix For Arc Graphics A750/A770

Phoronix: Intel Lands Linux Audio Fix For Intel Arc Graphics A750/A770

If you have been running a Linux 6.3-based kernel or later Linux 6.2 point release and have encountered your HDMI audio breaking when making use of Intel Arc Graphics A750/A770 hardware, a fix is on the way...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I don't think this is the best way to solve it, but I guess the real issue is in the device firmware, and that's much more complex

Comment

nice "fix"
      lol
      i wonder if the reciever will display some message every time the sound stream is turned off

Comment

I don't get it, why it's not possible to prepend silent samples before new stream starts? Some delay - sure, much better than lost sound.

Comment

Well No KEA then.

Comment

Boy, this was one confusingly explained problem or written article. Anyways, not a fan of HDMI, but do have the following already within my modprobe settings:

$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf
            options snd-hda-codec-hdmi enable_silent_stream=0

The enable_silent_stream=0 option was needed for my Intel A750, for recovering playing a stream's audio after switching displays. Otherwise, after switching active displays with using a mouse (or keyboard), the stream (eg. video playback) would loose audio/sound. (I forget the exact description of the problem, and going from memory.)

Seem to be on kernel-6.1, so likely have avoided this problem,

$ uname -a
            Linux 4void 6.1.21_1 Home SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Fri Mar 24 00:43:29 UTC 2023 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Comment

Working...
            X