Intel Driver Enabling HF-EEODB For Linux 6.3 As Part Of HDMI 2.1 Compliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Driver Enabling HF-EEODB For Linux 6.3 As Part Of HDMI 2.1 Compliance

Phoronix: Intel Driver Enabling HF-EEODB For Linux 6.3 As Part Of HDMI 2.1 Compliance

Another batch of Intel i915 DRM kernel graphics driver updates were sent out Friday to DRM-Next for queuing ahead of the Linux 6.3 merge window opening next month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I both feel annoyed and relieved that the HDMI 2.1 Compliance is happening, the annoyance of TVs not using DisplayPort and the obvious reason.

Comment

I wonder whether/when we'll see HDMI ports on newer Intel-based laptops (the ones that have no GPU other than Intel's iGPU and use its second display driver for the HDMI port) starting to work, at all.
      I mean, HDMI 2.1 compliance is welcome, but having the HDMI output of one's "HP ZBook" do anything at all would be a great first step.

Comment

I did buy a Intel Arc a380 and i did put it in the computer of my mother with Fedora 37 (updated to the last patches) and the GPU driver does not work it only use software rendering fallback at 1024x800 pixel...

its a little disapointment ... will the driver be in fedora 38 release date in 3 monts ?
        Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post
          I did buy a Intel Arc a380 and i did put it in the computer of my mother with Fedora 37 (updated to the last patches) and the GPU driver does not work it only use software rendering fallback at 1024x800 pixel...

its a little disapointment ... will the driver be in fedora 38 release date in 3 monts ?
          Run Fedora Rawhide.

Comment

Originally posted by Laughing1 View Post
            Run Fedora Rawhide.
            ""Rawhide" is the name given to the current development version of Fedora Linux. It consists of a package repository called "rawhide" and contains the latest build of all Fedora Linux packages updated on a daily basis.​"

well i don't think this is a good idea for the computer of my old monther...

but good to know that intel arc works in unstable/upsteam then it will triggle down to the Fedora 38 release in 2 months..
            Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
            X