State of Arc linux driver right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of Arc linux driver right now?

Now that it's been some time since the A750 and A770 was released to the general public, can anyone tell me what the state of the driver is like on Linux?

Are there any major issues users are facing? Hangs? Unsupported features?

Coming from a Geforce GTX 970, would an A770 be an upgrade? I like the prospect of open sourced drivers, and compared to the RX 7900, the A770 is available now and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

It is still missing the VK_EXT_graphics_pipeline_library extension needed to have a stutter free DXVK experience:

Show Mesa progress for the OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Vulkan and OpenCL drivers implementations into an easy to read HTML page.

I do not think it would be an upgrade until that is implemented. Right now, only the Nvidia driver supports it, so if you like no stutter (and use proton experimental to get it since support for the VK_EXT_graphics_pipeline_library extension​ is not in proton 7.0), you should keep your Nvidia GPU at least until that feature is available on Intel.

Note that I do not have ARC hardware, so there could be other deficiencies of which I am unaware.

Comment

Working...
    X