Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muncrief
    replied
    I've read numerous articles about the poor ARC performance that even Intel is now priming consumers for. Until recently Intel claimed it would be some new revolutionary architecture that would vault them into competition with AMD and Nvidia, but just yesterday I read that Intel is now warning it won't even work with many DX9 to DX11 games.

That was really surprising. Not even fully DX11 compatible? It's just crazy.

Leave a comment:

• erniv2
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikr1848 View Post

You want video output via your iGPU and VAAPI via dGPU for encode/decode?

For example - OpenShot can handle that, including choosing which GPU to offload to for video editing with libopenshot
    No im thinking more complicated again dGPU to dGPU do the videoproccessing on the arc card and outpout from a RTX30 so the powerhungry card sits still and the babycard does the work, it would be the 2nd card in the crippeled full length slot that only gets 4 lanes

Leave a comment:

• kylew77
    replied
    Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
    So long as it performs better than Nvidia cards running Nouveau, then I'm interested.
    Same! OpenBSD doesn't support nouveau so its is buggy AMDGPU or Intel and up until this point Intel has been integrated only, I would pay for a P series ThinkPad with an Intel professional card in it!

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikr1848 View Post
    Huh, so much for the rumors of Intel cancelling the Arc line!

Eager to see compute performance - maybe they released it first as it functions as intended as opposed to gaming performance?
    Yeah to me the biggest great thing about Intel as a new GPU provider is new competition in the field which in the mid term might force AMD and NVIDIA to stop throttling their cards for specific tasks (IIRC like working with doubles or mining, I hate mining but still).

Leave a comment:

• Setif
    replied
    Intel Arc Pro A40 GPU Intel Arc Pro A50 GPU Intel Arc Pro A30M GPU (Mobile)
    Peak Performance 3.50 TFLOPs at Single Precision 4.80 TFLOPs at Single Precision 3.50 TFLOPs at Single Precision
    No word about Double Precision performance, seems not supported!

Leave a comment:

• kpedersen
    replied
    So long as it performs better than Nvidia cards running Nouveau, then I'm interested.

Leave a comment:

• RedEyed
    replied
    Specs are not impressive at all

​​​​​​Also, they didn't write anything about the price, I guess the reason is that it's higher than Nvidia and AMD have per flops..

Sad.

Hope I misunderstood something.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikr1848
    replied
    Originally posted by erniv2 View Post
    50w TDP sounds realy tempting, can you use this to offload video processing from your main card ? Does not need any extra PCIe power ? Can a PCIe 3.0x4 slot feed this card would be very usefull for desktop users, if you can have some compute video accel etc. with that low power comsumption but i´m probably dreaming again, but it would be cool if you could offload stuff to it.
    You want video output via your iGPU and VAAPI via dGPU for encode/decode?

For example - OpenShot can handle that, including choosing which GPU to offload to for video editing with libopenshot

Leave a comment:

• erniv2
    replied
    50w TDP sounds realy tempting, can you use this to offload video processing from your main card ? Does not need any extra PCIe power ? Can a PCIe 3.0x4 slot feed this card? would be very usefull for desktop users, if you can have some compute video accel etc. with that low power comsumption but i´m probably dreaming again, but it would be cool if you could offload stuff to it.

or is this a full GPU that does not work with another makers gpu ~~
    Last edited by erniv2; 08 August 2022, 02:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikr1848
    replied
    Huh, so much for the rumors of Intel cancelling the Arc line!

Eager to see compute performance - maybe they released it first as it functions as intended as opposed to gaming performance?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X