Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Tool Aims To Help Developers Move From OpenACC To OpenMP

Phoronix: Intel Tool Aims To Help Developers Move From OpenACC To OpenMP

A new open-source tool made public by Intel engineers last month aims to help migrate codebases from using OpenACC to OpenMP. In turn the OpenMP-based offloading is preferred for Intel's XPU offloading strategy...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...nACC-To-OpenMP

It all seems a bit pointless seeing how the whole point of OpenACC is to make it easy to port over OpenMP code to run on GPUs. That's exactly what I used it for when I used it as part of a project at university years ago (where we tested the performance of a quick OpenACC port versus a proper CUDA re-write). So if you have OpenACC code, it's probably going to be a port of pre-existing OpenMP code.
    "Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without wanting to invent any more of it."

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
      So if you have OpenACC code, it's probably going to be a port of pre-existing OpenMP code.
      Good, then re-porting should be easier, right?

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
        Good, then re-porting should be easier, right?
        Yes, a very "useful" tool to build something you already have lying around.
        "Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without wanting to invent any more of it."

Comment

Working...
        X